SOLD/EXPIRED The Hotrod Gheenoe Might Be Up For Sale Very Soon

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by loukiii, Mar 5, 2007.

1. loukiii

loukiii Well-Known Member

Yes I know... who would have thunk it...(is that really a word?) Anyway, I am getting it ready to sell. My question is regarding my trailer. The trailer was slightly damaged in the accident. It works fine for transporting the Hotrod to and from the water etc. but it the tongue is slightly bent where it forms the Y. The trailer tracks perfectly straight, doesnt wobble or anything. The only thing that isnt even noticable unless you know what your looking for is that it isnt centered behind the tow vehicle but is off to the left a little bit when your pulling it, but is still within the trail of the tow vehicle...

I can get the trailer replaced, I have already found one but will it make that much of a difference to a potential buyer?

The Hotrod is a 2001 Classic, It has a brand new (2006) yamaha 25 with a 4 blade composite prop (The motor has less than 10 hours on it, 36 lb motor guide great white trolling motor, bob's jackplate, custom loukiii-built rod holders, brand new Eagle Fish Finder, a spare brand new factory aluminum prop, and two 6 gallon gas tanks w/hoses and flat out catches the bejesus out of fish... I might even leave a little mojo on it...

So new trailer or no?

2. tom_in_orl

tom_in_orl Founder of Microskiff, Member of the Gheenoe Army

Re: The Hotrod Gheenoe Might Be Up For Sale Very S

I would try and straiten it with a couple of chains or something that can put some leverage on it. If you can not get it to a look decent then just replace the beam that makes up the tongue. You can get galvanized steel tubing in most major areas. If you are in Orlando let me know and I will check the place near me.

3. EATME

EATME Guest

Are u gettin A bigger boat or stickin with another Gheenoe?

4. loukiii

I am looking at something a tad bigger.

5. captnron

captnron Guest

If want to make your way north one night we could probably tie it down to my welding bench and straighten it if you are really worried about it.  I would probably leave it alone unless it was bent really bad.  Lots of production trailers are sold they way you describe and I was told that they can warp when they go to galvanizing. I say no on a new one.

R

6. phishphood

phishphood Beer is good, Beer is good, and stuff!

A defector in our midst. Good luck on moving the old boat and picking up a new one.

How much for just a little of that mojo?

7. loukiii

Not a defector, just moving up a little.

The Hotrod is now officially for sale.

See the other thread.

8. phishphood

phishphood Beer is good, Beer is good, and stuff!

Nothing wrong with that. Good luck.

9. captnron

captnron Guest

I'm just going to call you "Ole Yeller". ;D ;D ;D  But with the utmost respect and envy. ;)