SOLD/EXPIRED The Fowl River 16

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by CurtisWright, Nov 5, 2013.

1. CurtisWright

CurtisWright Light, Strong, Cheap. Pick Two.

This boat has been my passion for 2 years now and having completed it, I believe I enjoyed the challenge of designing and building it as much as I enjoy fishing it.  I want to sell her to raise funds to design and build another.

Design:
    If you want a boat that runs like a Texas scooter, but fishes like a technical poling skiff than this is your boat.  It was designed to excel at sight fish in the marsh. 
    If you want a boat that "can run outside" look elsewhere, This hull is not for you.
    If you have a few shot nose kids and a complaining wife that you want to take out for a picnic on the islands,  this boat is not for you. 
    If you weigh 300+ lbs, you will hate this boat.   
    However,  If you are a redfish slaying mad man of the marsh then you may be able to handle the power of this sweet whip. 
    The sponsons and 6 1/2" tunnel bring her to a plane on soft bottom in 8"-10" and runs in less.   The foward entry and wide surface area in the bow was taken from a traditional oyster skiff to reduce off plane draft.   And the over sized front deck can hold a trolling motor,  stripping basket and a half naked fly fishing, sun bathing godess with room to spare.

Construction:
    All composite construction. Divynal cell cored decks floor and transom.  Floor, sides and transom are a handlaid combination of  1708 and 3608 biaxial.  Thats 360z Biaxial. No chopped strand matt in any structural part of the boat.  The layup is tougher than any production skiff out there. Thats right, I said it.  This hull is tougher than wood pecker lips and there isnt another 16' skiff that can compare.   The hull weighs 400lbs

Accesories:
    2013 40Hp Tohatsu 30 hours
    4 Blade Power Tec Prop
    Optima Blue Top Battery
    12 Gal built in fuel cell
    Sport n Trail all welded alumnum trailer
    18' Stiffy Hybrid pushpole
    Tibor Pushpole caddy
    Probably some other stuff that I have forgotten about.

Build Thread:
    http://www.microskiff.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1342645031

$17,000

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. 8loco

8loco Well-Known Member

I fished with Curtis in LA. and this boat is amazing and it does exactly what he says it does. However, I believe I will need photo proof of a trolling motor, stripping basket, and half naked fly fishing goddess on the bow.

3. CurtisWright

4. CurtisWright

The attention was on TWTR yesterday. Today is a different story all together. Bloomberg predicts Bas Ass Microskiffs should be a bull today on anticipation of the Bureau of Labor and Statistics's October jobs report.    

5. I also ran with Curtis in La, the boat is first class.

Curtis good luck man, looking forward to your new venture.

6. cutrunner

cutrunner Cert. Yamaha technician

Haha that snot nosed kid, complaining wife had me rolling ;D
    So what's next?
    All carbon kevlar, shatp entry, padded, step hull?

7. CurtisWright

Yea, I am jealous of shalla wata rida. I know he is a pro, but I can learn.

8. CurtisWright

9. CurtisWright