The Ethanol circus Continues !

Discussion in 'Outboard Maintenance' started by noeettica, Jul 12, 2009.

1. noeettica

noeettica Well-Known Member

not a real good photo But ... This fuel is 1 Week old Premimum fuel , Amsoil , Marine Stabil , and seafoam ... phase Seperation ! Pure alcohol and water mix in bottom of drained fuel !

Soooo Marine Stabil is CRAP !!!

I smell like Gasoline [smiley=angry4.gif] freakin looooovley ! But the Little motor is running once again !

I will try the stuff ron sells and test again ...

[​IMG]

2. B.Lee

B.Lee Well-Known Member

I've been seeing a lot of this lately, and on a newer EFI 4-stroke, it can be very expensive repiar, $3-4k is the norm, parts and labor.

Best cure for it, buy it and burn it. Don't store it. If you can't burn it in the boat in a week or two, burn it in the truck.

Also, your gas/oil/stabil/seafom mix might be a little much for an already unstable solution of gas/ethanol. I'd limit it to gas/oil, and use it up.

3. firecat1981

firecat1981 BBA Counselor

I had a similar problem a while ago with my lawnmower gas. I had stabil in it and everything was cool, but when I bought a new bottle of sea foam I figured it couldn't hurt and tossed it in as well. I ended up having to chuck the gas cause it varnished up in a week!
    My guess is stabil and seafoam react against each other for some reason.

4. rkmurphy

rkmurphy Well-Known Member

I put Mercury Quickleen and Stabil in every gallon of gas I get. Just about .5 oz of Stabil and a small capful of Quickleen. I haven't had any problems, yet (knock on wood). And my carb is as clean as a whistle.

5. Kemo

Kemo The world is flat....and shallow.

Thanks for the report. It never ceases to amaze me what this crap (ethanol) does. And we're at their mercy, and they don't care.

Kemo :cool:

6. Tom_W

Tom_W Well-Known Member

I would have been happier if the govt purchased E85 cars/trucks and kept their great idea to themselves.