The Apidemy of Quality Worksmanship

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by rkmurphy, Apr 19, 2009.

1. rkmurphy

rkmurphy Well-Known Member

Check this out:

http://www.classicaquasport.com/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=957&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

I know it's 30 pages but it's worth checking out every one. A lot of $ and a lot of time led to an unbelievable build that can be used for generations of fisherman. But, for a fraction of the $ that is would cost for a similar production boat (i.e. Dorado).

I envy the talent.

2. Canoeman

Canoeman Well-Known Member

This is like people who build airplanes in their garages. I can't imagine the patience and sacrifice of time that it takes for a project like this.

3. flyfisheraa573

flyfisheraa573 Well-Known Member

Holy crap! I can't believe I just went through 30 freakin' pages! BUT, it was worth every minute of it. That guy did a great job....I wonder how much money it cost him, versus buying a boat of equal specs? Either way, I think his rebuild was worth it...he definitely made it his own.

4. beyondhelp

beyondhelp Well-Known Member

I lurk over there as I have wanted a flatback 22-2 for a long time. I'm hoping one day to be able to restore one as well as that. Big$$ and lots of work but it sure seems worth it. I'll practice on my cheap Sears boat for now.