Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Music always gets the party going. I’m looking for recommendations for some good Thanksgiving playlists. My kids say I’m in a music rut because I always listen to the same tunes. I love my music, but the kids are right. It is time to rotate the playlist. Spotify and the other streaming services are great, but they have so many choices, I get lost. The same thing happens when I am at a friend’s house and they have cable tv with a thousand options and you spend twenty min looking for something good to watch. I listen to everything. This playlist would be on when we are cooking and hanging out for Thanksgiving.

·
Registered
158 Posts
If you have DirecTV then the 'Americana' channel - just had the kids and their girlfriends over, heard asked 'who is this?' on more than one song - old, new, indie, alternative, traditional, folk, country, rock .... broad slice of America

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Very much depends on the party you want to start…I stream Pandora

Dinner Jazz or Take Five/Dave Brubeck is chill

Yatch Rock

Lyle Lovett Radio has a dang good mix that isn’t all Red-Dirt Nashville shit

Reactions: Mountolive

·
I Love microskiff.com!
150 Posts
Check out Radio paradise. It's free, no commercials, available on the internet, has 4 different streams. It is a couple in California with an epic music collection. I understand their daughter is carring on the tradition.
I have the app on my phone but you can just go https://radioparadise.com/home to check it out.
Not sure they will have holiday music though.
Primarily rock with a ton of stuff I've never heard before.
It's amazing that the best is free, just like most things in life.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Music always gets the party going. I’m looking for recommendations for some good Thanksgiving playlists. My kids say I’m in a music rut because I always listen to the same tunes. I love my music, but the kids are right. It is time to rotate the playlist. Spotify and the other streaming services are great, but they have so many choices, I get lost. The same thing happens when I am at a friend’s house and they have cable tv with a thousand options and you spend twenty min looking for something good to watch. I listen to everything. This playlist would be on when we are cooking and hanging out for Thanksgiving.
I usually search genres and timeframe of music on spotify and pandora that way I can hear a variety. Such as: 90's Country or just "Bluegrass"

·
I Love microskiff.com!
2,916 Posts
Go to the Off Topic Lounge and search through the Music Thread. If you give me some ideas about preferred genre, I'll put something together for you. I have about 200 GB of music on the computer, all in iTunes, all categorized by genre, with every song rated from 1 to 5 starts (by me). This enables me to put together some cool playlists and smart playlists.

·
Registered
158 Posts
At one point last night, DirecTV 'Americana' channel played a song - 'Gulf of Mexico Fishing Boat Blues" by Ricky Scaggs and someone else. We got a kick out of that ...

Reactions: DBStoots
1 - 20 of 21 Posts