Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure this has been asked before so forgive me. Has anyone had experience with both the TFO and the MHX push poles? Besides the MHX being $100 more are they noticeably different? Thanks

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
I am on my second TFO. First one got damaged off the water - nothing wrong with it. I bought the first one already put together and I have to say it wasn't done exactly right. The second one I did myself. Use a really good epoxy - not quick set, and take your time. Make sure to score each end and let it dry on a very flat surface. Don't mess with it overnight while it sets - be patient. They are a good pole for the price - I keep saying I am going to swing by Keven at Stiffy and get one, but never have since the TFO does the job. I have the 19'6" I believe - I don't really need longer here on the TX coast.

·
I Love Skinny Water
5,274 Posts
I looked at MHX and TFO. I think the TFO 24.6 ft. Is cheaper than the MHX 21.6. Doesn’t mater neither can ship

·
Registered
650 Posts
I can vouch for the MHX pole. I’ve got many hours on it and I use it to stake out with no problems. Previous poles were stiffy hybrids which was a pieces of junk and pulled the fibers out of my shirts.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can vouch for the MHX pole. I’ve got many hours on it and I use it to stake out with no problems. Previous poles were stiffy hybrids which was a pieces of junk and pulled the fibers out of my shirts.
I think I'm gonna go with the MHX. It sounds like the difference in price is worth it. Thanks

·
I Love microskiff.com!
91 Posts
I have the MHX and for the money I don't think you can beat it. It's not as stiff as the Hybrid I used to have but its also a third of the cost.

·
Registered
697 Posts
I looked at MHX and TFO. I think the TFO 24.6 ft. Is cheaper than the MHX 21.6. Doesn’t mater neither can ship
Can't speak for the TFO but Mud Hole ships the MHX Pushpole for free. Granted, you have to assemble it but you get everything in the box you need to do so with all directions, glue,...etc.

·
I Love Skinny Water
5,274 Posts
Can't speak for the TFO but Mud Hole ships the MHX Pushpole for free. Granted, you have to assemble it but you get everything in the box you need to do so with all directions, glue,...etc.
I like both and TFO said free shipping
Still don’t know if I’ll get one but TFO makes a 24’ And MudHole has a max of 21’

Reactions: A-A-Ron
1 - 11 of 11 Posts