Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here fish the rainbow releases ? A buddy and I were discussing some possible fly trips... Thought I'd see if anyone had any luck or comments/advice, thoughts etc

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No but I wouldn’t mind taking my son to check it out. There are also monster brown trout down river a bit.
I was thinking my son might enjoy it also .... I saw some release dates- they have one scheduled for Mathis and Waldron park in January... I'm guessing if the water temps are right. ... Either way ... Those guys won't last long ... But thinking itcould be a lot of fun ... They're such beautiful fish I'd sure like to catch one without traveling out of state..

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
I do. The stockies in the ponds are pretty easy to catch. They basically swim around in a big circle eating. We also fish the Guadalupe. That’s a little more challenging but doable.

·
Registered
305 Posts
The state’s stockers are small. Well worth it to make a trip to the Guadalupe. The river is down this year so wading is easy, however the fish are holding in deeper pools. This makes for pretty crowded fishing on the weekend. Go during the week if you can. Saw a 5#er get pulled out last week. Beautiful fish.

·
Banned
4,551 Posts
Let a friend borrow my key card for some private entry fishing at River Chase. No monsters but he had a striped bass take a small trout off for him. Freaked him out pretty good.

Reactions: Ccantwell

·
Registered
79 Posts
A number of years back, a state record striper was disallowed when Texas Parks and Wildlife discovered the angler used a live rainbow trout as bait.

Angler got a citation as well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts