Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
12,342 Posts
My sister and brother in law live in east Texas and got over 35” of rain in just about 4 days. No house damage but they were immobile for a while.
Imelda’s rain bands missed my house by 40 miles or so, we needed some of that rain!

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
A mere 13 inches at my house. I feel for the people going through this again. There's billions in federal relief that hasn't been realized from Harvey. I'm afraid when it arrives, it will go into a black hole of corruption, fraud and waste.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
my parents property in Crosby is flooded. Their storage buildings got water in them but their house won’t as it’s built up. They did bring their vehicles to my house yesterday So they wouldn’t get flooded again.

My wife’s parents are flooded in over in Orange. Waters close to their house but not in yet.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,053 Posts
High & dry at my home. Didn't hear of anybody who had their home flood in my neighborhood but we couldn't get in or out as the entrances were flooded about 4' deep. I did hear from some friends who had their homes flooded over around Winnie.

·
I Love Skinny Water
6,063 Posts
I herd some got 48" stay safe my friends

·
Registered
235 Posts
I don’t know if it’s the same guy, but someone on the news yesterday was holding a bass that he said had washed up on the road. It looked an honest 4 pounds to me, but the news had a better shot of it to see closer and from the side.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,523 Posts
West Galveston bay around my house got 15-18”. Didn’t seem to bother the red fish, my buddy got on them good this afternoon way up in the grass.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
104 Posts
After Harvey, I realized my high school dream and lifted/levelled my Tundra with Icon everything. It gets 14.3 MPG and I drive an assload for work. It doesn't fit in hardly any parking garages downtown, so I have to take my wife's Tahoe if I have meetings downtown...

But it paid off on Thursday. I drove through water that made the Jeep Wrangler following me turn around. It took an hour and half to get 12 miles to the kids school, but I made it! Got home to the new house and quickly learned (thanks youtube) how to drain the pool because otherwise we would have had some problems.

I work in West Houston, and we got hammered to the point that cars were flooded out on the streets by my office, cars were on medians, and the I saw an ambulance flooded out in an underpass.

No one expected what we got, and we had it easy compared to the Golden Triangle. I'll never have another car incapable of making it through this as long as I live in Houston.

·
Registered
235 Posts
While I was stuck in my office on San Felipe, I watched the traffic below as small cars drove into and stalled out in the high water. Then a few lifted trucks came down a part of the street that was empty (because no one else could go through it) and I think they were all saying “That’s why I have this truck!”. I think some were having a bit too much fun.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Wish everyone’s family well.
I know my Florida flood insurance has doubled in the past 5 years, I cannot imagine what Tx insurance is now. Mother Nature doesn’t play

1 - 19 of 19 Posts