Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

341 - 351 of 351 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts
@Sublime where are you? I've got a new itch for a home built skiff.
Hold off on that just a little longer! I have somethin’ cookin’ that may just spike your interest!!! Can’t disclose much at this time but will be soon!

·
Premium Member
614 Posts
Hold off on that just a little longer! I have somethin’ cookin’ that may just spike your interest!!! Can’t disclose much at this time but will be soon!
I'm all ears!

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #344
And y’all thought I gave up and listed it on Craigslist. No way. After months of not doing much on it due to a myriad of other pressing projects here, I’m finally back on it. Got my second core up on my transom. Went full width with more of the Spaceage Synthetics 20lb board. Left about 1/2” gap around the sides and bottom. Cleaned both sides with acetone. Coated both sides with neat epoxy. Applied one layer of 10oz cloth to both pieces and wetted it out. Next I mixed up some cabosil and epoxy into a something not real stiff and spread it with a squeegee. Then took the piece over and clamped and screwed it to the hull. I got good oozage around all sides and was able to work some of that into fillets. 3 layers of 10oz on the floor is next. My vision for this thing is constantly evolving. Current configuration when I’m daydreaming is. False floor. Center or offset center console. Full decks with hatches. 50 or 60 short shaft. And ................. a tunnel. Stay tuned.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Sublime,
I just got back on the ol microskiff . I had the old, "charlies custom rods" back in the day and just got back into fishing with my Sabine Micro, (open invitation to jump in)
I'm in Lake Jackson off of Old Angleton Rd. Hit me up if you need a hand.

341 - 351 of 351 Posts