Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning fluff chuckers, I have a buddy up in the millington area who asked me to tie up some bass flies for him. He has an 8wt and a 5wt. Any suggestions or ideas for flies would be greatly appreciated. I was thinking some poppers and buggers, and maybe some baitfish patterns.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Good morning fluff chuckers, I have a buddy up in the millington area who asked me to tie up some bass flies for him. He has an 8wt and a 5wt. Any suggestions or ideas for flies would be greatly appreciated. I was thinking some poppers and buggers, and maybe some baitfish patterns.
Where and when? pond, lake, river, large resovoir?

Is he in TN?

What time of year?

Does he want to stay floating line or willing to use sink tip?

·
Registered
262 Posts
Never go anywhere without bead head woolly buggers. Black. Purple. Black & Purple. 6’s and 4’s.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Wooly Buggers, various colors and sizes, Clousers tied to imitate small shad. (Look up Henry Cowan's Something Else on youtube) Poppers are always good. Leech patterns are good too.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Awesome, thanks for the suggestions guys. I'll tie up some buggers and a few clousers for him to start things off.

Also @Doublehaul
He just moved there and doesn't have a boat or kayak so mostly walk in areas. He has floating and intermediate lines for his rods.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts