Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While on the way to the "really" shallow water I saw a few fish so I staked out and caught this guy in about 12". Water wasn't super clear but you can still see the grass bottom in the photo.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Of course he did get the last laugh while I was taking the Skitterwalk out of his lips...

·
Forgotten Coaster
2,413 Posts
Feel your pain, brother. Did the same myself a couple years ago, only right in the knuckle. Fortunately the hooks were new and I had a sharp knife aboard. Cut it loose, doused it with a generous splash of Heineken and kept on fishing.

Love those Skitter Walks, even with trebles. ;) And nice way to christen the new rod!

·
Soy un Perdedor
2,561 Posts
Of course he did get the last laugh while I was taking the Skitterwalk out of his lips...

Man that made my butt pucker..........:oops:

Glad to see you crushed the barbs - I do that on ALL my treble lures.

·
Registered
208 Posts
At least it was on a red. I got a treble in the nose from a cuda, and one in the hand from a ladyfish. At least the nose became a funny story.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Pinched barbs or not, OUCH!

Yank it out, piss on it and carry on my man.

MHX blanks make really nice rods, awesome job. You won’t forget this one.

Looks like you got lucky with the belly hook.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looks like you got lucky with the belly hook.
No luck involved...pure skill.

he was attached to both hooks, but the belly hook was at the front of his mouth and the tail hook on the side of his head...it was when I pulled the tail hook that he shook his head so hard he buried it in my hand and jumped to the floor from the casting deck...big heavy fish too!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts