·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2FC7EE67-9FD2-4FF4-8AF4-5E3D17E19140.jpeg
36EFA158-BAFA-4689-A174-8E078498568E.jpeg
4BD53D0A-6925-425F-B3DC-048274AFBA70.png
hey Guys,
I had the opportunity to fish down in Little torch key last week for tarpon and ended up catching and releasing over 20 barracuda and one nice tarpon to end the trip. This was my first experience hooking barracuda and can only say that they are the meanest, most aggressive fish that you can catch. Needless to say I am hooked. Too bad they aren’t inshore in Sarasota where I live.

Attachments

·
Registered
336 Posts
View attachment 74938 View attachment 74932 View attachment 74936 hey Guys,
I had the opportunity to fish down in Little torch key last week for tarpon and ended up catching and releasing over 20 barracuda and one nice tarpon to end the trip. This was my first experience hooking barracuda and can only say that they are the meanest, most aggressive fish that you can catch. Needless to say I am hooked. Too bad they aren’t inshore in Sarasota where I live.
Are you sure about that. I have caught them in shore in that area before.. Granted its been quite a few years. I found them closer to the pass

·
Registered
909 Posts
what did you hook the tarpon on?

·
Registered
909 Posts
Barracuda are bad mothers for sure. Pound for pound I think they fight harder than almost anything.
I am always caught off guard then a 2 ft barracuda grabs my fly out of the mangroves, that first 3 seconds is just insane.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I am always caught off guard then a 2 ft barracuda grabs my fly out of the mangroves, that first 3 seconds is just insane.
When I am throwing tube lures looking specifically for cuda, it still startles me when they smash it and freak the bleep out. 20 in a few days is an awesome trip!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts