Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

To begin with I know I ask alot of questions about fishing the trail on here but im new to fishing this area really trying to figure out this fishery, it seems like a great place to catch some good fun fish close to home. Anyway im asking about casting techniques on the trail. I know i have to dodge the traffic but thats not what im asking, im asking more in the sense of where to cast. I usually target the bridges and always seem to hear fish busting under the bridge, but it seems impossible to get a fly under them. Is there any way to cast a fly under these low bridges, or any techniques to getting them under? Or do I jusy throw out in the open over and over until something hits? Planning on making a trip out there this week and land my first tarpon and snook on fly so any info helps.

Thank you

·
Registered
337 Posts
You’d be very lucky to get into some tarpon out there right now, Not enough water yet

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,404 Posts
I use UL spinning gear for under bridges. Sometimes fly fishing is not an option. My friend uses a gurgler with a trailer fly and let’s the current take it under bridge. I’m not as patient as him to fish like that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.