Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

To begin with I know I ask alot of questions about fishing the trail on here but im new to fishing this area really trying to figure out this fishery, it seems like a great place to catch some good fun fish close to home. Anyway im asking about casting techniques on the trail. I know i have to dodge the traffic but thats not what im asking, im asking more in the sense of where to cast. I usually target the bridges and always seem to hear fish busting under the bridge, but it seems impossible to get a fly under them. Is there any way to cast a fly under these low bridges, or any techniques to getting them under? Or do I jusy throw out in the open over and over until something hits? Planning on making a trip out there this week and land my first tarpon and snook on fly so any info helps.

Thank you

·
Registered
296 Posts
You’d be very lucky to get into some tarpon out there right now, Not enough water yet

·
Registered
214 Posts
Pick up a copy of Steve Kantner's Guide to Fishing South Florida on Foot. Most of the answers you're looking for are covered in there including techniques for feeding fish up under the bridges on the Trail.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,108 Posts
I use UL spinning gear for under bridges. Sometimes fly fishing is not an option. My friend uses a gurgler with a trailer fly and let’s the current take it under bridge. I’m not as patient as him to fish like that.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I don't ever mess with the bridges when I'm fly-fishing the trail. Birds will point you to where the fish are likely to be....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts