Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

Tailers Cup 2019

7K views 50 replies 21 participants last post by  TieOneOnJax 
#1 ·
Anyone fishing the Taiilers Cup in Charleston, SC this year? I hear it's a heck of a shindig and I'm thinking I'm going to make a go of it. I'd love to chat with someone who fishes Charleston to get a better lay of the land (sketchy ramps to avoid, places to stay, etc.). If anyone is willing to let me pick their brain a bit, please reach out! I'll gladly compensate you with liquid payment at Revelry Brewing at the Tailers Ball.

#4 ·
This will be my third year attending. It is an absolute blast. I live in central FL and fish the Gulf so it is totally different than what i'm used to, but still have a great time and have caught fish

Reactions: FLmatt
#6 ·
I look forward to it each year; this will be my fourth year fishing it. I'd be happy to give any advice that I can, although the advice from @MTByrd is probably worth more :D

The Tailers Ball the night before is an absolute blast, and the "weigh in" (after party) is always a lot of fun too. Would love to meet some of y'all as well. I think it's so awesome that people show up from other places to make a weekend of it.

#18 ·
Would love to do this one but we will be soaking bait in the Creekslam tourney in McClellanville. Just an FYI, there are 3 tournaments going on this weekend (that I'm aware of) so our waterways are going to probably be very busy! Remember to be on your game at the landings as Charleston hospitality isn't so hospitable when ramp rage kicks in... I think I could just sit in a lawn chair sometimes and be more entertained than watching the game on Saturday. Good luck everyone!

#27 ·
Weather is a great equalizer between teams. Good luck to the competitors. Sounds like a fun event.

I'm fishing the Seatrout Shootout in FL Big Bend on Saturday. Our forecast is improving, thankfully. A little cold snap would sure be welcome, with a nice steady shower on Sunday to break this drought.

#35 ·
If you are staked out near a drain that the front is dumping tide you’ll usually have a feeding frenzy on your hands. Push throughs between islands, wind blown tide coming around a point, windblown shoreline where bait gets stacked.
Dredge a weighted fly in these areas.

#37 ·
Zero for us today. It was my first time fishing Charleston so we spent the morning running around looking for fishy water that had some protection from the wind. No luck. It was white capping in the channel when we got back to the ramp. Pretty nasty day for technical poling skiffs. Cool event though, I’ll be back next year.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.