Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone fishing the Taiilers Cup in Charleston, SC this year? I hear it's a heck of a shindig and I'm thinking I'm going to make a go of it. I'd love to chat with someone who fishes Charleston to get a better lay of the land (sketchy ramps to avoid, places to stay, etc.). If anyone is willing to let me pick their brain a bit, please reach out! I'll gladly compensate you with liquid payment at Revelry Brewing at the Tailers Ball.

·
Bait Hater
584 Posts
This will be my third year attending. It is an absolute blast. I live in central FL and fish the Gulf so it is totally different than what i'm used to, but still have a great time and have caught fish

·
Lowcountry Degen
2021 Conchfish 17.8
1,820 Posts
I look forward to it each year; this will be my fourth year fishing it. I'd be happy to give any advice that I can, although the advice from @MTByrd is probably worth more :D

The Tailers Ball the night before is an absolute blast, and the "weigh in" (after party) is always a lot of fun too. Would love to meet some of y'all as well. I think it's so awesome that people show up from other places to make a weekend of it.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
3,503 Posts
This is on my bucket list...

I've done Salty Fly, Poonfecta, Red Fly, and the local SWC events but I really want to do the Tailer's Cup one year. Maybe 2020...

·
Lip Ripper
1,715 Posts
The two guys i've fished this with previously aren't able to do it this year. Anyone looking for a teammate for this thing?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Me an my son (18) will be fishing it again this year, local to Charleston so we dont miss it , we fish it out of kayaks but willing to share some info if anyone needs it, it is a blast

·
Registered
671 Posts
Would love to do this one but we will be soaking bait in the Creekslam tourney in McClellanville. Just an FYI, there are 3 tournaments going on this weekend (that I'm aware of) so our waterways are going to probably be very busy! Remember to be on your game at the landings as Charleston hospitality isn't so hospitable when ramp rage kicks in... I think I could just sit in a lawn chair sometimes and be more entertained than watching the game on Saturday. Good luck everyone!

·
Registered
200 Posts
Something I would really like to do in the future. I am up in Wilmington and never get down to Charleston, maybe in a few years.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts