Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a good and use an LED submersible tag light they can recommend? Preferably you have owned it for more than one season and it sees more water than a garden hose. Thinking of relocating tag and going with small motorcycle style. Putting it down low and it will get submersed. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
I know more than a few very active skiff guys who simply took their trailer tag off the rear of their rig - then mounted it sideways (lengthwise along the fender's trailing end...) on the trailer's fender on the left side to keep it out of the water as much as possible. Don't think that one of them has gotten a ticket for not having a "tag light" - but that's here in Florida... Texas may take a different view...

My problem with trailer tags - as a very high end user (20,000+ miles a year towing...) is that a standard tag bracket on a boat trailer is so exposed to wind going down the road that within a year or two it cracks away and is just gone so you end up having to file a report with your local cops - then go to the nearest tag agency and stand in line for an hour or two to get a replacement... Here in Florida the cost of a replacement is very small - but the hassle isn't....

·
Panhandler
2,716 Posts
Had Rolls put the motocross style acrylic mud flaps on my trailer when it was built. They're tough as nails. Added a small motorcycle tag to the bracket. No problems with wind or corrosion and my trailer gets dunked regularly.

·
Brandon, FL
10,938 Posts
Anyone have a good and use an LED submersible tag light they can recommend? Preferably you have owned it for more than one season and it sees more water than a garden hose. Thinking of relocating tag and going with small motorcycle style. Putting it down low and it will get submersed. Thanks.
@firecat1981 used some led's in his livewell and they have been going for years. His previous build, not the current one. But I do believe he liked them so well he used them again on his current build.

Not true tag light but waterproof nonetheless.

·
BBA Counselor
7,230 Posts
@firecat1981 used some led's in his livewell and they have been going for years. His previous build, not the current one. But I do believe he liked them so well he used them again on his current build.

Not true tag light but waterproof nonetheless.
Yes, I used the oznium.com 4-chip LED's and I'm using them again. The one on my current boat that's in the live well did quit on me after 7+ years of being under water, but I think it was due to me yanking on the wires while trying to fix something else.

They are bright. So if you get it remember it's gotta be angled down so it won't blind people.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts