Tacoma input

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by rdiersing, Jan 22, 2014.

1. rdiersing

rdiersing I never said I was polite

Looking to purchase a new 4dr prerunner taco within the next month or so. I haven't decided on the 4cyl or 6. Any opinions. It would just be used as a part time vehicle and would tow a 18 ft boat.

2. AfterHours2

AfterHours2 Stripper in my own Mind!

If anything, just get the 6. We use them as work vehicles and that's all they purchase. As far as durability and resale goes, you won't find a better small pickup. We typically average 30-40k miles a year and year to date, there has not been one in the fleet of 10 that has needed anything other than brakes and oil changes done. There solid trucks.

3. firefish

firefish I Love microskiff.com!

I have a 2013 4x4 v6 w 9k miles that I will be selling off lease in a few months . If you arent in a hurry ! It is as new and silver in color . pretty much loaded, Let me know what ya think !!! Thanks And yes , Toyota is unfortunately or fortunately ,However u look at it, Is hands down the best! Especially for the long haul. Been driving them since 1998 and NEVER been to shop for anything but maint.

4. firefish

Also the 4 bangers are few and far between in the prerunner version !If you get serious I also have a contact at toyota over here in brevard that I gaurantee will beat anybody in Fla. ( no I dont work there LOL ) Good luck and tx again

5. Net 30

Net 30 Soy un Perdedor

2015 is a new model year for the Tacoma...probably get a good deal on the 2014s.

My friend had had both the 4 and 6 cyl...def get the 6.

6. Sheremeta

Sheremeta Well-Known Member

I had a 2011 prerunner 4 door 4cyl. Mechanically it was a great truck. Lots of torque and great stopping power. It averaged 19 mpg and would get 21-22 hwy @2000 rpm. I swear that truck would have reached 500,000 miles with no major issues.  Tacomas became known for their reliability with the 4 cyl not the 6. I test drove both and the acceleration wasn't  much better with the 6.

Here is the bad
    I found the cab very small, Seats uncomfortable, gas peddles very small. I hated the red dash accent lights. It had a short wheel base for a crew cab so it ate tires. However It did have good suspension and a quiet ride at 80mph.

Here is the best part. Sticker price was 27k.  I paid 22,500k for it with 0 miles and sold it for 21k in 2012 with 77k miles. That speaks volumes on resale value.

7. Maverick904

Maverick904 Chasin Tail

Love mine.

2008, almost 100k miles on it. only thing ive done is change the oil and put a new battery in last year.

[​IMG]

8. rdiersing

Thanks everyone for the input. I usually stay away from buying new right before a new model is released. But usually the last year is the most reliable. I am seeing 4door prerunners with v6 and back up cameras in the 24k range. Don't think I can really go wrong.

9. AfterHours2

AfterHours2 Stripper in my own Mind!

Just make sure you wet test :D

10. firefish

prob gonna let my 13 4x4 go for the mid to high 26's ! I see you looking at 4x2 but 4x4 will out resale 4x2 by leaps and bounds especially the older they get !!! No diff in fuel mil. and if you need it ,,,,,you cant use it if you dont have it !!!!!just sayin good luck ,, you cant go wrong w/ toyota

11. rdiersing

This one will get the wife test since it won't be a daily driver. fire I will contact you after I sell one of my work vans to get more details.