Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
"This one time at band camp..."
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a house rented down at Cape San Blas next week. I wondering if it's ok to pull your boat/hang out on the north part of the park that is cut off as a result of last year's hurricane?
Capture.JPG

·
Registered
489 Posts
About a month ago I called the ranger station to see if I could camp at one of the backcountry sites....accessible by boat. These are the backcountry primitive sites on the end of the Cape, with no amenities. They said “no - not allowed at this time.” I got the impression their line-of-thought is its just easier to say no.

As far as what you’re wanting to do....I can’t say....but if you call the ranger station number on their website...I’m sure they could give you the scoop.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,053 Posts
I was just over that way and while I don't think they want folks camping out there yet you can run your sled to the north end, beach it, and hang out. I saw some folks anchored up inside the northern tip of the cape just a couple weeks ago.

Reactions: brianBFD

·
Fly-By-Night
3,174 Posts
I would just go and do it. I don't think anyone will give you any grief about it or even know unless you were out there with a huge fire and raising hell. I ran across from the canal and guerrilla tent camped the tip of the Cape on New Years a couple times no issues, no visitors.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I tend to agree with LH. With the Park heavily damaged....I think the rangers have more important things to tend to. Good luck and please post your findings. I’ll be there next month.

Reactions: brianBFD

·
"This one time at band camp..."
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the feedback.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,075 Posts
I have a house rented down at Cape San Blas next week. I wondering if it's ok to pull your boat/hang out on the north part of the park that is cut off as a result of last year's hurricane? View attachment 86968
I had my boat there for a week last week
Put in at the ramp at the park
The cut has been repaired wi a sand beach
We went l he way around the point and down the beach on the other side
There were several boats anchored off the point and people walking/ sitting around

1 - 8 of 8 Posts