Suzuki vs. Yamaha vs. Mercury

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by HighSide25, Sep 14, 2010.

1. HighSide25

HighSide25 Well-Known Member

people in Fort Pierce don't care....

[​IMG]

2. TomFL

TomFL Well-Known Member

Can't imagine that's anything but a test sled. Don't forget OMC test facility is in in Stuart. We see some weird stuff down here, and I usually chalk it up to just that.

There isn't a time I go fishing I don't pass the OMC sled boats tooling around, yesterday being no exception.

-T

3. backwaterbandits

backwaterbandits Well-Known Member

I've seen that boat or a very similar one in
    this area... Talk about a direct comparison
    of different products in exactly the same
    conditions...Great idea!
    I would like to know the background of this
    test.

4. TomFL

TomFL Well-Known Member

Can't imagine trying to prop that rig correctly

[smiley=frustrate2.gif]

5. HighSide25

HighSide25 Well-Known Member

the yami is a 350, which i would assume makes the propping even more of a headache......

i was talking with a co-worker of mine the other day and he has a friend that fishes the SKA tournies. this guy runs three different brands just to prove a point that it doesnt really matter.

im not sure i agree with his mentality

6. makin moves

makin moves Well-Known Member

he was having the boat serviced at the honda dealership in st pete and from what I was told the guy is sponsored by all three brands so he runs all of them. Backwater b that is the same boat that you saw over here.

7. TomFL

TomFL Well-Known Member

If that's an SKA boat there might be some rhyme to the rhythm.

The manufacturers pay bonus $$ if you win/place in a tourney running their motors. If the contract doesn't specifically say you won't get paid if you run other brands alongside, he just tripled his bonus paycheck (one from EACH manufacturer) if he wins/places in a tourney.

-T

8. joshuabward

joshuabward I want to go FAST!!!

http://www.kingfishconnection.com/qa4.htm

This year your boat has an interesting look on the back of it. Why did you all decide to power your Yellowfin with three different brands of power? And how did you even think of it? How often do you get asked about it?

he says "ProMarineUSA.com sells parts for all brands, so this allows them to test parts and get real time feedback and it looks cool, too"

9. Lappy_16

Lappy_16 Well-Known Member

This is one of the owner's of ProMarineUSA.com personal boat and yes it can be seen at various SKA tourneys. The point of this setup is we sell parts for all the motors(and yes it does look cool and gets your attention). Also this isn't Kevin Hannon's boat, he has a 36 Invincible with hpdi, xs, etec.