Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
I Love Skinny Water
5,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 140 has always run great. This year after it sitting for months on the fist warm day I cranked it up. It idled fine and with some throttle it ran fine then it started running rough. I notice the fuel hose coupling had a leak and have not checked the water filter for water yet. It seemed to idle ok but not accelerate

·
Registered
164 Posts
I had a 115 Suzuki 2 Stroke ( same block as the 140) a few years back. After it sat for a few months, the fuel started to gel in the carburetor bowls and then migrated into the high-speed jets in the carbs. The engine started and idled ok, but would not accelerate or run at any speed. I ended up pulling the carbs, cleaning the bowls, blowing out the high-speed jets with carb cleaner and reassembling. It was a pain, but it took care of the problem. Good Luck!

·
I Love Skinny Water
5,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Frank
Mine has fuel injectors and I only use non ethanol gasoline
I’m going to change the fuel coupler to stop the air leak then see how that goes

·
Registered
377 Posts
If your running only non E fuel, you are way ahead of the game and it's likely not a separation / gelling problem. I think you are on it, like Smack said fix the vacuum leak on the fuel line. If you were using an E fuel, I'd also be looking for deteriorating / collapsing fuel line.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Like said above- change the plugs. I have a Suzuki DF150 and it started running rough after winter storage. New plugs and it ran like new.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts