Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just dropped my pathfinder tunnel hull to get Re powered with a brand new 50hp suzuki, now comes choosing a prop. I called marcus at power tech and i also have spoke with ken a propgods. From the two of them I been recommended SRD3 14 pitch, also recommended SWC3 13 pitch. Doing my research on the forum from older posts i have seen that there has not been very many people happy with SRD models on newer suzuki 4 strokes. I was curious if there was anyone that used the SWC model and had a review of it on a suzuki. The reason they both leaned towards the srd is because of prop diameter, they said that the swc could be two small and get to high of rpms due to gear case of suzuki.

thank in advance.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Depends on what type of performance you are looking for. As far as obtaining the best hole shot with top end the problem with stock props are the diameters are too small. Measure from the center of spindle to bottom of cav plate. Double that number and it's the max diameter of prop that will fit. Partner that diameter with a 14 pitch and you should be pretty happy. Don't forget about some cupping also.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got the swc3 14 pitch and i am getting a lot of slippage due to diameter i assume, have tried a couple times to get ahold of jack foreman and have been unsuccessful so far. From those that have done business with him the past is it just catching at good time him to talk to him? Or is there a good time of day to call?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Got the swc3 14 pitch and i am getting a lot of slippage due to diameter i assume, have tried a couple times to get ahold of jack foreman and have been unsuccessful so far. From those that have done business with him the past is it just catching at good time him to talk to him? Or is there a good time of day to call?
It’s for sure the diameter. At 10.75” it’s at least 1.5 inches too small. Here is jacks cell number 361-649-2789. He is good about returning texts. I would not take to a shop and have cupping added. It may help a little but you need a larger diameter prop. It’s unfortunate powertech doesn’t make one with a larger diameter with a Suzuki hub. As in my previous post jack will ask you what the max diameter of prop that will fit. Do the measurements before you call him.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
10 4 thanks will give him a shout. Would 11.5 inch prop be a lot better, I know you said I’m 1.5 inches to small. That’s the biggest shelf prop I have found for my application?

·
Registered
200 Posts
That’s what I thought. It means a 12.5 inch diameter prop is the max. That’s the same as the 60 I have. Tried a bunch of other props and none compared to the 12.5x14 pitch w cupping. You could gamble with the 11.5 but think 12 would do a lot better.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Okay thanks for the insight, really sucks someone won’t recognize the need for a larger diameter and cupped prop for these motors.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts