Suzuki DF20 A EFI (Fuel Injected 20hp Four Stroke) Prop results

Discussion in 'Prop Shop' started by Skydiver, Apr 26, 2014.

1. Duckboat

Duckboat Well-Known Member

Well update on the Solas amita 11pitch...5850 solo 25-26mph not impressed with the rpm,lowers rpm too much,I wanna be able to have another person with a 11 pitch with 5800 rpm not solo...so the zuk 11 pitch will be here tomorrow,I'm guna be the first to test it on here so this should be interesting,this will be my last prop test with this motor an shut the door with the answers of Suzuki or Solas for me,I already know the answer but I have to see it with my own eyes...hopefully I Can get out this weekend an run it...stay tuned microskiffers!!!

CPurvis likes this.
  2. Duramacr1

Duramacr1 Active Member

Lol. I have thought about that as well.
    There are Merc blackmax props out there and I haven't tried them. Either way , I put the engine up for sale . I'm getting a 30etec . I'm giving it away at 2000 bucks and only 14 hours but I want to hit at least 35.

3. CPurvis

CPurvis Well-Known Member

Looking forward to the info on the zuke prop.

4. Duckboat

Well bad news on the zuke 11 pitch ,didn't run it,when it came I took it out of the box an it was scuffed up looked like it was dropped or something,bolted it up an something just didn't seem right with it,so I'm sending it back,expensive prop just to have sitting around busted or not using so I have 10 days to return...what a bummer,it wasn't even Ina cardboard brace like other props have came in,just sitting in a box wrapped in plastic,it barley even fit the box...wasn't happy

Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
    CPurvis likes this.
  5. Duckboat

Well update on the prop,sent the zuke back an decided to do some more messing around with my solas prop,I'm able to get my Rpms over 5800 with trimming the motor less with the tabs,I'm about the same speed at the zuke 10 pitch ,maybe 1mph more,but the kicker is being im running fewer Rpms I don't have as much bow raise so me porpoising is to a minimal without the tabs wich I like an the the boat seems to go across the water an plane smoother now too somehow,so honestly think I may just save my money an get a refund on that zuke prop an just use the Amita I already have,but this will only be used when running solo,I'll have to use my tabs on my third setting with my 10 pitch with a passenger an his gear,I guess that's just how's it's guna have to be

CPurvis likes this.
  6. CPurvis

CPurvis Well-Known Member

Thanks for the update.

7. Duckboat

Well looks like I'm def sticking with the solas Amita,after Saturday's run an messing with trimming again,plus the place refunded me on the zuke prop saying that they didn't have another on stock an it would be weeks before they got another in,but iboats has it on stock makes no sense but oh well...but I do have some different info on the solas Amita,all of us running the solas 11 pitch is really concidered a 12 pitch because of the blade cupping on them,brings it up a pitch wich explains everything I been trying to figure out with these solas props, I wish I would of knew this before I almost got rid of it hahaha,wich means the solas amita 3 props are over pitched so the 200 rpm change with upping a pitch will be more than usual,this should be explained by the sellers before purchase but it's not,and to get maximum performance out of these solas props you must run these props trimmed higher near the surface of the water,not buried lower than keel,i didn't know this either!...but all makes sense now...so that does it for me with the zuke props for this motor