Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
I Love Skinny Water
7,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I look all over the net but all i found was parts and motors for sale

I want to take the intake screen off the lower unit a clean in there. Took the screws out but then what?
140 hp

·
I Love microskiff.com!
2,226 Posts
If all you want to do is take the screens off and clean behind them, after you remove the screw/s, use a pick to pull the screens out if they don't just fall out.

If you want to really get silly with the cleaning, drop the lower unit, remove water pump assembly and pour CLR in the water suction holes and let it drain down and out.

Of course using the flush port on the side of the motor back flushes the cooling water system without dropping the lower unit.

·
I Love Skinny Water
7,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If all you want to do is take the screens off and clean behind them, after you remove the screw/s, use a pick to pull the screens out if they don't just fall out.

If you want to really get silly with the cleaning, drop the lower unit, remove water pump assembly and pour CLR in the water suction holes and let it drain down and out.

Of course using the flush port on the side of the motor back flushes the cooling water system without dropping the lower unit.
thanks Jay ill try that

·
I Love Skinny Water
7,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok i got the thick plastic screen off and all was clean as a whistle. I forgot we sent the lower unit out for a $1,500 rebuild 2-3 years ago. Ok I'm a little OCD or ADD

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.