Surprise household projects

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by deerfly, Aug 24, 2008.

1. deerfly

deerfly Opinicus iracibilus

Is it just me or does anyone else hate when these things pop up?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So I'm happily trying to mow a part of my yard without sinking the tractor in the water logged ground and my wife comes running out to me... We have a serious problem! Naturally the first thing that comes to my mind is she's overdrawn the checking account or something and "we" usually means "I" will have to do something. Well, I was correct on the latter. ::)

Turns out the rough plumbing fitting for the hot water line to the washer is wizzing 3' across the utility room floor. So I ask(yell over the diesel engine) her if she turned the main water off to the house? She says no, I wanted you to see the leak. ::)

OK, I shut the tractor off and take a look, the female brass fitting is cracked. Without really thinking it through I decide, no problem I'll just soft solder it and all should be well. And if that doesn't work then I replace the whole fitting and all. Yeah great plan except I have PVC behind the wall. :(

Needless to say just about the time the solder started flowing nicely into the crack the whole brass fitting leaned over and fell out the end of the pipe. :)

So its off to Lowes for the replacement parts. Of course I have to cut open the wall to get to the pipe etc, arrgh I hate this stuff. :mad: I'm thinking the plumbing God's are getting even with me for cracking on comerplumbing on his Mosquito Repellent thread. :)

off to finish the tractor work now, figured you guys could use a laugh at my expense... :cool:

2. backwaterbandits

backwaterbandits Well-Known Member

It's very tempting to laugh but the LAST thing someone
    of my obvious "experience" (read old guy) wants to do
    is wake the Bad Karma God of Plumbing!!! ;)

3. noeettica

noeettica Well-Known Member

I Do This Every day ...

Immigine All The FUNK !!!

Dave