surfs up dude!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by cutrunner, Apr 17, 2014.

1. cutrunner

cutrunner Cert. Yamaha technician

Just looked at the rainy beach before sunset
    washing machine. ..
    I'm ready for some warm clear water already
    end rant

2. topnative2

topnative2 Well-Known Member

are u still wearing that pfd when u go?

3. cutrunner

Safety first!

Top, you ever take up the sport?

4. topnative2

Yup! I use to surf haulover down in miami beach and the americana hotel area.

The last surviving board was G&S swallowtail.

I did break one board in half. And got a set of stiches another time.

The immortals.....................back then ;)

5. cutrunner

Yea I started surfing here in stuart with some friends but would go to my mothers house every chance I could because she lived 10minutes from Sebastian inlet.
    one day I was out by my self surfing first peak perfect 5 foot waves and an older (late 30's) bald dude comes paddling out. I watch him take a couple waves and it was clear he was very good. Well he was watch in me as well, and I was learning to spray. He paddled over, talked to me about how to do it and blah blah. Well for the next 3 weeks he was out there every day tutoring me. I began to get really good really fast. Anyways, it was back to my dads house.
    well, about 2 months later I was reading a surfer magazine and saw my tutor. His name was Bryan Hesitation. Turns out he won N.s.s.a east coast championship that year and king of the peak for like the third year in a row.
    pretty cool..
    later on I was dating a girl whose stepmother was a professional surfer up in the outer banks named Jesse Hines, well, he came down with some of his" friends" for a week to visit. His friends were C j and Damien Hobgood.
    That was a fun week

6. topnative2

I first learned on my brother"s  long board. I could barely carry it.The days of Gulf wax!

Good times.

7. cutrunner

We used to use gulf wax to wax up ledges so we could grind em with our skateboards lol
    weather changing in blue ridge yet?

8. cutrunner

Sheesh this spellcheck is making me more illiterate than I already am

9. topnative2

We had snow flurry in the beginning of the week..Mornings have bee in the 30's.
    Next wk might be fishable

Heading to the banana river first of may for a wk of fishin.Just hoping it does not blow!!!!

However, everytime I plan a trip fishin w/ my best friend we get hurricane warnings or should!!!!!!!!!!!!!Of course, the girls hit the malls ::)

I guess I could rent a board around cocoa and prove I can drown myself [smiley=all_coholic.gif]

10. AfterHours2

AfterHours2 Stripper in my own Mind!

Best surf session I ever had was a 4 man lineup in Playa Avellanas, Costa Rica. Folks sent me and a bud down there when I turned 18. Needless to say, out from the bushes came an elderly man along with a local. Long story short, I got to share some waves with Robert August and a local whom would be an instant success if he ever decided to move to the states. After the session, we sat by his Land Rover and talked surfing over a few cold Imperials. Man, I love me some Costa..

11. cutrunner

Sheesh that's cold!
    I think we hit 39 degrees once all winter.
    hey I'm hoping the first week of may is good too. Its my buddies bachelor party and we are chartering a 61 Jim Smith to cross the Bahamas and fish for Yellow fins over in the corner on the 3rd.

Where is Blue ridge in relation to Kennesaw?

12. cutrunner

Thats sweet.
    I've been there a few times jaco, tamarindo, quepos its an awesome place. Next time I'm down there I want to go to the Caribbean side of Honduras

13. topnative2

North. It is 12mi south --of where nc and tn meets Ga.