Super Lure Slam 11/11/17

Discussion in 'Tournaments' started by Shadowcast, Aug 14, 2017.

1. Shadowcast

Shadowcast Ankona Sales Rep

It is time to bring it back! The Super Lure is going to be resurrected on November 11, 2017 at the Salty Shamrock Gastro Grille in Apollo Beach. There will updates in the coming weeks and it will be important to follow this thread as well as the Facebook event page for important information. I hope we get a great turnout and everyone has fun. I know in the past, it was a very popular and fun tournament and I hope that continues to be the case. Big thanks to Eric Bachnik from Mirr-O-Lure for stepping up to be a sponsor for this event and to Sean Rice, owner of the Salty Shamrock, for hosting this event. The Rules are below:

Super Lure Slam

-Saturday, November 11, 2017.

-MANDATORY check in and captain's meeting on Saturday, 11/11/2017 at 5:30-6:30 am at Salty Shamrock Gastro Grille.

-Each team, or solo angler, MUST bring their measuring device and artificial lure of choice to be approved by tournament officials, to the captain’s meeting on 11/11/2017. Boats will also be inspected at the captain’s meeting. NO OTHER LURES MAY BE ON YOUR BOAT/PERSON OTHER THAN YOUR SELECTED LURE. The captain’s meeting will be at the Salty Shamrock Gastro Grille. 6816 US Hwy 41, Apollo Beach, FL 33572.

-$50.00 entry fee per 2-man team. $25.00 entry fee per solo angler. Registration fees will be collected at the captain’s meeting. CASH ONLY.

-Weigh-in will be after the tournament at 3:00-4:00 pm on 11/11/2017. Anglers MUST be at the weigh-in NO LATER THAN 4:00 pm on 11/11/2017. Anglers arriving at 4:01pm will be disqualified. The weigh-in will be at the Salty Shamrock Gastro Grille. 6816 US Hwy 41, Apollo Beach, FL 33572.

-This is a catch-photo-and-release tournament. Each angler/team must provide at least one digital camera with a clear memory card or cell phone pictures will be allowed.

-Each individual angler will select an artificial lure to use for the Super Lure Slam. You may have multiple of that lure on your boat, but they all must be the same model, color, and size. Anglers using soft plastics may rig baits using jigheads, weedless hooks, circle hooks, etc. as long as the same model, color, and size soft plastic is used. Bait scents may be used. No live bait, dead bait, cut bait, frozen bait, chumming, or tipping is allowed.

- Super Lure Slam anglers may wade or fish from a boat, canoe, kayak, paddleboard, shoreline, dock, bridge, pier, etc.

-Largest snook, redfish, and spotted sea trout slam total to the nearest ¼ inch will win. There will be payouts for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places. Tie breakers will be determined by check in time. There will be a bonus prize for the largest slam taken on a Mirr-O-Lure product.

-Tournament boundaries are from Fred Howard Park in Tarpon Springs to the north, to Venice Inlet to the south. Anglers can launch and fish anywhere in between, but lines may not be in the water prior to 6:45 am.

-The whole fish must be in the picture along with approved measuring device, selected lure, and tournament marker. Pictures that do not meet tournament requirements will not be counted.

-Required USCG safety gear must on board for those anglers fishing from a boat. Anglers must also possess a valid Florida saltwater fishing license and adhere to all state fishing regulations. Super Lure Slam tournament anglers will also show courtesy to other tournament and recreational anglers. Super Lure Slam anglers will also be expected to follow the honor system in this tournament by sticking with their selected artificial lure and adhering to tournament rules. If you cheat in a fishing tournament, you just pathetic and sad.

-For information contact Capt. Jon Bull at 863-860-7250 or jbull1229@gmail.com

dgt2012 and Carivera like this.
  2. SomaliPirate

SomaliPirate Well-Known Member

To clarify, say you're fishing a Mirrodine in white/red. You can have as many of those on the boat as you want, but they all have to be the same 'dine in white/red?
    Regarding plastics, you can have an entire bag or two, but they must be the same model/color? What about jig heads? Could you have multiple weights? Say 1/16th through 1/4? This sounds awesome and I think I'll try talking my dad into fishing this with me.

Carivera likes this.

3. Shadowcast

Correct. Same model, size, and color.

Correct. For some soft plastics gives you the versatility you may want. Others just want that Mirro-Dine.

SomaliPirate likes this.
  4. Shadowcast

VERY IMPORTANT IF YOU ARE FISHING THE SUPER LURE SLAM.....we will be having pre-registration at the Salty Fishing Club meeting next Wednesday (11/8/17) starting at 6:30 pm until 8:30 pm at the Salty Shamrock in Apollo Beach. You need to bring your $25 per angler entry fee in cash. You are still required to come to the captain's meeting on 11/11/17 at 5:30 am to have your boat inspected. If you are local and fishing the tournament, please try and come by next Wednesday night. By having a pre-registration night, our hope is to expedite the processes that will be happening on the 11th.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2017
  5. Shadowcast

If you know what lure you are fishing in the tournament, bring it when you pre-register.

6. SomaliPirate

Are anglers coming from out of town still ok to just do Saturday captains meeting?

7. Shadowcast

Yes

8. Shadowcast

VERY IMPORTANT IF YOU ARE FISHING THE SUPER LURE SLAM.....we will be having pre-registration at the Salty Fishing Club meeting tomorrow night, Wednesday (11/8/17) starting at 6:30 pm until 8:30 pm at the Salty Shamrock in Apollo Beach. You need to bring your $25 per angler entry fee in cash. If you know what lure you are fishing in the tournament, bring it when you pre-register. You are still required to come to the captain's meeting on 11/11/17 at 5:30 am to have your boat inspected. If you are local and fishing the tournament, please try and come by tomorrow night. By having a pre-registration night, our hope is to expedite the processes that will be happening on the 11th.

9. Shadowcast

I have run thru the rules and go over a couple things. My hope is to have you out asap.

Derek Engle likes this.
  10. Carivera

Carivera Active Member

Where are most of y’all launching from? We are from naples and tried one of the state parks, water channels are crazy.

11. Shadowcast

You can fish anywhere in between Fred Howard Park in Tarpon Springs to Venice Inlet.

12. Fun tournament, thanks for taking your time to host it!

13. Shadowcast

So the Super Lure Slam went off without a hitch! The feedback from those involved was nothing but positive and everyone had a great time. I want to thank all the anglers involved for their participation and their integrity in a format where the it would be easy to be dishonest. I want to thank Eric Bachnik from Mirr-O-Lure for his generous donation and for sponsoring the tournament. Finally, I also want to thank Sean Rice and the entire Salty Shamrock staff for being gracious hosts.

We had 14 teams weigh in and only 3.25 inches separated first from third. Team Statham/Aerosmith (coolest last name ever) finished 3rd with 68 inches and received $125. Team Ketchum/Sagpao finished 2nd with 68.5 inches, including the largest redfish of the tournament at 29.25" and took home $250. Finally Team Engle/Henson took1st place with 71.25 inches along with $500 and the Mirr-O-Lure prize pack! The largest snook of the tournament was 33" and the largest trout was 24.75".

The Super Lure Slam will be back next year....

SomaliPirate and Derek Engle like this.
  14. SomaliPirate

I had a great time and will definitely be back next year.

Derek Engle likes this.
  15. krash

krash Well-Known Member

Sounds like a fun event... just out of curiosity can you say what lures were used by the winners ?

My son is in Tampa and recently got a new boat, Pathy 25 Hybrid, if this event is held next year I'll try and talk him into having me as his partner and fish it.

Derek Engle likes this.
  16. Shadowcast

Mirr-O-Lure Lil John golden bream....and some unfair lure minnow

krash likes this.
  17. Correct, a lil jon golden bream and a pearl gold rip n slash 70 unfair lure

krash likes this.