Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive got a Ram-Lin trailer. Has the Super Lube SPINDLES. I've noticed there is starting to get a bit of wooble or side play so it must be time to tighten them up.

Does anyone know the process. Cant seem to find a YouTube vid on it.

Cheers

·
Brandon, FL
10,970 Posts
The spindles are loose?

I am going to assume you mean there is play on the bearing side. If this is the case you remove the cap, remove the cotter pin, tighten the nut, put the pin back in, replace the cap.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
3,605 Posts
The spindles are loose?

I am going to assume you mean there is play on the bearing side. If this is the case you remove the cap, remove the cotter pin, tighten the nut, put the pin back in, replace the cap.
There are some axles with "interchangeable spindles" (some dexter axles are this way)

Maybe he needs to adjust from the inside side?? - its still just a castle nut and cotter pin according to this drawing...

·
Brandon, FL
10,970 Posts
There are some axles with "interchangeable spindles" (some dexter axles are this way)

Maybe he needs to adjust from the inside side?? - its still just a castle nut and cotter pin according to this drawing...
I was hoping this was not the case because if that came loose it would be carelessness on the builder.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The spindles are loose?

Yup. This answer is the one.

Same as a "normal" hub fix then. Excuse my ignorance. Thanks

·
Brandon, FL
10,970 Posts
Yup. This answer is the one.

Same as a "normal" hub fix then. Excuse my ignorance. Thanks
Well, good thing I did not make an ASS out of U and ME (assume).

Glad to help.

But as long as you are going to disassemble, might as well swap the bearings anyway.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts