SOLD/EXPIRED Super-clean 25hp 2-stroke Merc 15" short shaft

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by TomFL, Jul 13, 2009.

1. TomFL

TomFL Well-Known Member

25hp 2-stroke merc 25hp short-shaft tiller. Shifter in the handle so no reaching back to shift.

This is THE microskiff motor. Weight is only 114 lbs, by far the lightest 25hp motor you'll find.

The year? 1995, same mechanically as the late models but don't let the year fool you. This motor is as clean as any late model and shows extremely little use. A few nics and dings in the cowl from sitting in the warehouse, but other than that she's a 9.9 out of 10.

Other than the cowl, all decals both under the cowl, on the outside of the motor, and on the tiller handle are absolutely as new as is the rest of the entire motor.

You will not find a used motor in better shape than this one I don't care what year it is!!!!! :D :D

I drove across the coast to get this motor when I bought it and was going to hang it on my classic duck boat project, but I just sold that hull. The motor was sitting in my A/C warehouse since I got it. Now that I have no hull to hang it on, the motor's gotta go.

I have a ton more pics if you'd like to see them up close and in full size let me know and I will shoot you a zip file.

Motor has a brand new, zero-hour prop (13" pitch) from CaptRon just put on today ($120 plus shipping). (The prop shown in the pics is actually from the 4-stroke I just hung it on there to show a prop but you can see it doesn't fit correctly)

This motor is ready to go TODAY, and I will be bringing it to the bash this Saturday if it doesn't sell prior.

Motor comes with a 6-gallon tank with seadek feet so it doesn't slip around on your floor, and a new water separating fuel filter and bracket.

$1,550.00

Call me at 772-521-9990 or PM me here.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Harvey would be proud the way this motor was cared for:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. TomFL

TomFL Well-Known Member

HOLY CR*P, I had the year listed as an '85 when I posted the ad. Someone brought the mistake to my attention.

It is a 1995, not a 1985!!!!!!!!!

DOH!!!!!!!!

I'm getting old....

:D :D :D

-T

3. TomFL

TomFL Well-Known Member

Should man, should have added these yesterday, so here they are....

Cylinder #1
    [​IMG]

Cylinder #2
    [​IMG]

NICE!!!!!!!!!

-T

4. TomFL

TomFL Well-Known Member

I'm going to be bringing this motor with me to the East Coast shindig this Saturday and would prefer to not bring it home with me... ;)

If any forum members are interested in it, bring cash and make me an offer. You may be bringing a sweet motor home with you.

-T

5. TomFL

TomFL Well-Known Member

Well an eagle-eye forum shopper noticed something about the motor I didn't so I'm going to post it here so anyone interested will know.

It appears there is a crack in the bottom cowl, or "Pan" as I've always called it. The cowl is solid as a rock, you can't budge it with your hands, the cowl lid fits normally and the latch works perfectly. All of which is why I didn't notice it when I listed the motor.

I don't feel it's anything structural with the motor as it's just the lower cowl. Obviously if there were I'd list it as such. I just want to disclose it to make sure anyone interested knows what they're looking at. 

Here are detail shots so you can see it up close:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You can call it the $100 crack as since I've been informed of it I'm dropping my asking price on the motor by $100.

-T