Super anal fishing habits?

Discussion in 'General Fishing' started by Pierson, Aug 4, 2017.

1. Backwater

Backwater Fly Fishing Shaman

or some dude with a longer boat than yours! LOL

jk

Ben, el9surf and SomaliPirate like this.
  2. Canoeman

Canoeman Well-Known Member

At 5:00 the driveway is empty and it won't do any good to ring the doorbell :)

Flatsaholic, mike_parker and ifsteve like this.

3. Canoeman

Canoeman Well-Known Member

I guess my pet peeve on the boat is the same as in life, and that is people who react rather than plan ahead. I try to always know what I'm going to be doing ahead of time. I want to be ready when we pass that good oyster bar, I don't wait until I'm 5 feet from the pier to start looking for a dock line, and I'm sure as hell always looking a quarter mile ahead on the highway, not at the bumper of the car in front of me.

4. BM_Barrelcooker

BM_Barrelcooker I Love microskiff.com!

One bag and two to three rods per person.

Nothing loose or rattling on deck.

And clippers. Since I lost my line cutting tooth I'll go home if I forget my clippers.

sjrobin likes this.
  5. TimR

TimR Active Member

No bananas on the boat, landing net can't come out until needed (then it can stay out), washing the boat and trailer.

6. jlindsley

jlindsley Well-Known Member

-Following the #1 rule in fishing "Don't leave fish to find fish". When I asked my wife one day what the number one rule in fishing was (when I was frustrated that I moved from a spot that we were catching fish) She said to have fun. So I guess that as well :)
    - If I say be at the house at 5 am and you are 15 minutes late don't expect me to be there (especially if going offshore). No reason for me to bust it all week to have to wait on someone. I'll go solo.

7. Backwater

I'm considering eating bananas while I fish! Trying to take the luck factor (good or bad) out of the equation! :cool:

8. TimR

TimR Active Member

You will probably limit out on toad fish and eels for sure!

ifsteve likes this.
  9. fyshy

fyshy I Love microskiff.com!

My pet peeve... is really my problem... sometimes I think I enjoy the rigging and preparing more than the actual fishing. I can't stop monkeying around with gear placement in my boat and I'm always looking for a better way. I need to just go fishing!

SomaliPirate and Pierson like this.
  10. Backwater

Yeah, that use to be a big pet peeve of my too for many, many years until a few years ago when I went fishing with a buddy and his bro. After we wrecked the snook, his bro pulled out a banana out of the cooler and started eating it. We all started laughing and that's when I just let it go off my pet peeve list.

Hey, if I can't catch em on skillz after all these years, then what do I have anyways?

But then again, I use to fish with an very old man when I was in my early 20's and he use to stop everything and pray loudly to God to bless our fishing and would thank Him in advance, before any lines would go into the water.... and we would systematically spank the big sheephead until my arms would hurt! :rolleyes:

Last edited: Sep 19, 2017 at 9:39 AM
  11. fishicaltherapist

fishicaltherapist I Love microskiff.com!

If my fishing partner slams the cooler lid ONE more time, I WILL NOT be responsible for my actions or RE-actions !!!!!!!!!!! ( He is a recovering off-shore troller ) :confused:

Smackdaddy53 likes this.
  12. Cronced

Cronced Well-Known Member

My pet peeves...

1. Spelling mistaks
    2. Lists
    3. Irony

UnitedFly and yobata like this.
  13. Mike C

Mike C Well-Known Member

^^^^
    This for the win!!

Cronced and Smackdaddy53 like this.
  14. MariettaMike

MariettaMike Wish'n I was Fish'n!

Kicking, sliding, or rolling my fly line out from under your feet while wearing shoes on non-skid.

Smackdaddy53 likes this.
  15. Smackdaddy53

Smackdaddy53 Zephyr Cove is on FIRE!

Man it chaps my ass when people slam my hatches or ice chest. It reminds me of people (my ex) that slam the microwave door, stove and refrigerator door like they are trying to shut the door on a 1979 Cadillac. My new girlfriend already knows to let the lids down softly. It sure is nice!

fishicaltherapist likes this.
  16. Kthesage

Kthesage Member

Sharp hook points and perfect line to line leader knots are a must.

Smackdaddy53 likes this.