Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

Suggestions on small battery needed

3158 Views 13 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  Eric_S
I'm installing a bilge pump and and also re-installing my old fishfinder. I have no use for a battery other than to power these two items. The bilge pump draws 3.3 amps, and the fishfinder only 100 ma. Obviously, the pump would not run all the time. I'm looking for a small battery that would survive the marine environment. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Kemo :cool:
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· The world is flat....and shallow.
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Let me know what you find. The ones I looked at were as much as a car battery.

488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How many GPH at 2 amps/hr? If mine is 3.3 but pumps twice the GPH I won't have to run it as long. True?

488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The current (amps) for the Rule bilge pimp is on their web site. I e-mailed support for the amps on the Hummingbird site for the fish finder. They responded in 2 hours (really good, IMO). Most manufacturers publish current draw on their sites. If they don't, send a request to support. If they don't respond within 24 hrs, don't buy it.
If you only have the GPS/Depth finder, it probably draws less than 1 amp with no light on. Only the manufacturer can tell you for sure, or maybe someone who has one like it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.