Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

Suggestions for weapon to shoot down drones

4501 82
Lately I’ve been harassed by drones tryiing to potluck some of my honey holes

I have 12, 20 and 28 ga o/u’s I use to shoot clays. Would those work? Would the 28 be mor sporting? 6, 7 or 8 shot? Steel or lead?.
41 - 60 of 83 Posts

· Registered
3,103 Posts
Trust me, I’m writing a long ass monologue about just getting the f’ out your house and getting back to reality. Nothing that society fears exists out in nature. Not a single f’n one. Get out, be a kid again, take it all in. Put your stupid technology down and live in the moment!!
While I agree with the concept duck hunters have debated this for ever. What technology is ok and who decides?
Is your light weight skiff ok? It after all is technology far and above a metal or wood boat?
Is you outboard motor ok or do you have to go back to oars?
Is you sealed drag or even cork drag fly reel ok or do you need to go back to...all the way to a can with the line wrapped around it?
Is it ok to use a GPS and satellite mapping imagery?
And on and on and on.

I don't know the answer but this isn't as an easy concept as it sounds.

· Zephyr Cove is on FIRE!
17,742 Posts
While I agree with the concept duck hunters have debated this for ever. What technology is ok and who decides?
Is your light weight skiff ok? It after all is technology far and above a metal or wood boat?
Is you outboard motor ok or do you have to go back to oars?
Is you sealed drag or even cork drag fly reel ok or do you need to go back to...all the way to a can with the line wrapped around it?
Is it ok to use a GPS and satellite mapping imagery?
And on and on and on.

I don't know the answer but this isn't as an easy concept as it sounds.
It’s not that complicated

41 - 60 of 83 Posts