Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
21 - 40 of 83 Posts

"I got to stop wishin'. I've got to go fishin
Micro plastics are a real problem. Whatever equipment accidentally collides with a drone over head, please make sure it comes down in 1 piece and is easily recovered.

Registered
I hate to spoil the fun... but destruction of a drone is a federal crime under Title 18 US Code 32 since the FAA and NTSB consider all drones to be an aircraft.

Since you would be shooting at essentially a video camera recording you in 4K... I would think the odds are not in your favor.

Better stick with the fly rod than a shotgun for plausible deniability.
Looked like a clapper rail to me 馃

Registered
鈥94 Silver King Signature 16
Trust me, I鈥檓 writing a long ass monologue about just getting the f鈥 out your house and getting back to reality. Nothing that society fears exists out in nature. Not a single f鈥檔 one. Get out, be a kid again, take it all in. Put your stupid technology down and live in the moment!!

Registered
Trust me, I鈥檓 writing a long ass monologue about just getting the f鈥 out your house and getting back to reality. Nothing that society fears exists out in nature. Not a single f鈥檔 one. Get out, be a kid again, take it all in. Put your stupid technology down and live in the moment!!
Yep. The thing that draws me in to my simple G-man is the purity of it. No electronics or any other toys to distract me from fishing. Phone stays turned off in a dry bag way up under the deck. I use visual landmarks instead of GPS, learning one piece of water at a time. Hard to connect to the water and electronics at the same time.

I do love playing with all the electronics on my friend's bay boat. I'm a software developer and a nerd at heart. But when I'm in my skiff, it's a whole different experience.

To each their own... But I do get pissed when other people make the outdoors feel like the city. Whether its a buzzing drone - or this guy forcing his music on everyone in the bay
Vehicle Plant Window Building Motor vehicle

Registered
Lately I鈥檝e been harassed by drones tryiing to potluck some of my honey holes

I have 12, 20 and 28 ga o/u鈥檚 I use to shoot clays. Would those work? Would the 28 be mor sporting? 6, 7 or 8 shot? Steel or lead?.
I usually roll with a Remington 870 tactical sawed off with the rocket grip. It鈥檚 got so much spread it鈥檚 about impossible to miss a drone.

Registered
2003 Action Craft 1720 SE
I can tell you first-hand baseball bats don鈥檛 work very well. I have a VRBO up the hill with a drone. My neighbors and I have asked the owners repeatedly to not stock it as there are mornings we get drone visits looking in our bathroom windows. Seriously. One morning I heard my peace loving mellow as hell neighbor of 30 years screaming outside and I ran out to see him in his underwear trying to bring down the drone with a baseball bat. The VRBO folks on the deck above us were laughing pretty loud until he started running up the hill towards them. We didn鈥檛 see the drone again that day. I have consulted with the Sheriff of my county and it is indeed illegal to take down a drone as stated earlier in the post. Moral of the story is camouflage, shot from off-property and a good alibi. 馃槈

Registered
2020 Chittum Mangrove
I can tell you first-hand baseball bats don鈥檛 work very well. I have a VRBO up the hill with a drone. My neighbors and I have asked the owners repeatedly to not stock it as there are mornings we get drone visits looking in our bathroom windows. Seriously. One morning I heard my peace loving mellow as hell neighbor of 30 years screaming outside and I ran out to see him in his underwear trying to bring down the drone with a baseball bat. The VRBO folks on the deck above us were laughing pretty loud until he started running up the hill towards them. We didn鈥檛 see the drone again that day. I have consulted with the Sheriff of my county and it is indeed illegal to take down a drone as stated earlier in the post. Moral of the story is camouflage, shot from off-property and a good alibi. 馃槈
I have to imagine your protected in your house and in your air space.

I Love microskiff.com!
1820 Action Craft
You just got to know how to work the system, when the drone is hovering off your back deck walk out casually with a shotgun and while the drone is videoing you yell "pull" and swing the shotgun as if you are shooting at a clay pigeon heading towards the drone, if you happen to hit the drone by mistake shit happens.

21 - 40 of 83 Posts