Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Just livin’ my life easy come easy go...
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lost both trim tabs on the way home this evening. They worked all day up until the run to the dock. I checked the fuse which also run the jackplate and it is good. Once on the lift they made no attempt or noise when the up or down was pushed. Ideas to start with for troubleshooting?

·
Wish'n I was Fish'n!
2,625 Posts
Lost both trim tabs on the way home this evening. They worked all day up until the run to the dock. I checked the fuse which also run the jackplate and it is good. Once on the lift they made no attempt or noise when the up or down was pushed. Ideas to start with for troubleshooting?
If they are Lenco's you need to check the extension cable plug connections between the keypad and the control box.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So I’m getting power to the box, but I don’t know where to go from here. Apparently between the box and the switches there is a connection that splits the 4 wires leaving the box into 8 to the plug on the back of the switch?
EBFA3E09-9B46-4727-87FC-32FC9FF8AA41.jpeg

·
Registered
6,253 Posts
don't make it complicated.......there should be 2 plugs where the box wires plug into the wires coming from the tab motors....test for power from the box to those wires.....make sure of your ground.......no power box is bad

If you have power dump the connectors and wire direct

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think they are direct wired now. No plugs between box and motors.

I’m pretty sure that the red/white green/white are the power wires to the motors

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yep. My plan for next week. Appreciate the feed back.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Update here for those who may end up hitting this on a search. I found a voltage drop coming into the control box when activating a switch. Upon the recommendation of LENCO tech support, I pulled the fuse, cleaned it, and all works as it should now. FWIW, the fuse didn’t “look” dirty and the box showed 12.7 volts which lead me to believe all was well until I watched it drop when activating a switch.

·
Zephyr Cove is on FIRE!
10,330 Posts
I saw a brand new Mercury 300 on my friend’s Lake and Bay not want to even try to crank and it was a fuse not getting good connection even with no corrosion. Finicky things these boats...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts