stupid question ? on merc 25 hp 2 smoke

Discussion in 'Outboard Maintenance' started by mark_gardner, Mar 26, 2010.

1. mark_gardner

mark_gardner I Love microskiff.com!

cant seem to find my motor info [smiley=1-headache.gif]and was hoping someone could tell me what my max rpm range is for a 2003 25 hp merc 2 smoke. its been a long day with an old lady customer who almost beat me down ::) so i could use a break if ya dont mind :D ;D thanks fellas

2. Brett

Brett > PRO STAFF <

Year: 2003
    Horsepower: 25.0
    Cylinders: 2
    Type: 2 stroke
    Gear Ratio: 2.25:1
    Min WOT RPM: 5000
    Max WOT RPM: 6000
    Spline Count: 10

http://www.piranha.com/Mercury_Outboards.php

3. mark_gardner

thanks buddy ;) i'm going to test it in the a.m. to see what kinda rpm's i'm turning :D ;D probably going to be calling the skiff shop monday morning for one of those nasty s.s. props that bend shafts :eek: :D ;D

4. love2flyfish

love2flyfish Well-Known Member

6000! just happened to be leaning over my motor and looked to the right just under the cowling and saw this info!

5. mark_gardner

cool :cool: it never crossed my mind to look at the motor :-[ like i said; i've been beat down by an old lady today :D ;D

6. Gramps

Gramps Living &amp; Dying in 3/4 Time

What pitch is your prop? I'm running a 13 and hitting 6200.

7. mark_gardner

i'm not sure, i think its a 13 but kinda getting hard to read the numbers, i do know its a power tech though. gonna take a better look tomorrow at it :cool:

8. mark_gardner

took a closer look at the prop and its a 11 pitch which explains why it's wanting to hit close to 7000 rpm :eek: i'm on the phone this morning with the skiff shop looking for a 13 pitch :cool: