Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
I Love microskiff.com!
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys - gonna go on a little trip to Nashville this spring in April. Looks like there might be some good striper/hybrid fishing up there. Wouldn't mind checking it out for a day. Any guide recommendations or other insight for a SW Florida salt flats guy? Clueless at this point as to the fishery but just starting to explore. Open to a guide trip or even DIY if doable/potentially productive. Thanks

·
Registered
148 Posts
I have some experience with that fishery -- have fished Percy Priest, Old Hickory and Tim's Ford, as well as places farther east like Center Hill, Watts Bar and Cherokee.

In spring, the fish are up the rivers trying to spawn and are fairly accessible, sometimes on foot. I'm not aware of any fly fishing guides working on those waters -- never seen a fly rod anywhere around there but on the trout-stocked tailwaters -- but there must be some. Give Fly South or the Nashville Orvis shop a shout.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have some experience with that fishery -- have fished Percy Priest, Old Hickory and Tim's Ford, as well as places farther east like Center Hill, Watts Bar and Cherokee.

In spring, the fish are up the rivers trying to spawn and are fairly accessible, sometimes on foot. I'm not aware of any fly fishing guides working on those waters -- never seen a fly rod anywhere around there but on the trout-stocked tailwaters -- but there must be some. Give Fly South or the Nashville Orvis shop a shout.
Yeah calling the local fly shops might be my next move. Thanks

·
Registered
133 Posts
It’s been about 20 years since I fished there, but on the Cumberland below Old Hickory dam there are plenty of striper, and we caught many on a fly (deceivers). There are several shops/guides in that area that can set you up. Be sure you take a floating and sink tip lines (and maybe an intermediate too). Good luck and hope you have favorable water conditions!

·
Registered
306 Posts
Definitely call FlySouth. There is a well established fly fishing fishery and they can hook you up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts