Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
I Love microskiff.com!
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Only used twice and shows like it's brand new. I doubt you will see very many of these tarpon designs as they were very limited. I'm only selling as I don't get a chance to fish much and it's just sitting around and not in use.

Please no crazy low ball offers, I really don't need to sell it.

If you're interested, please text or call me as I don't get to check the site as often as I would like.

Thanks,
Jeremy 954-703-9207

Price: $350

Attachments

·
Registered
687 Posts
Def limited so def worth the money! SFR are built like tanks!

·
Registered
214 Posts
My 30" without cutout weighs just shy of 20lbs. If you've never used one, the weight is part of what makes it the best bucket on the market.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
474 Posts
That's relatively heavy ! I make my own out of 1/16" HDP sheets and two pieces of high density foam. They are feather light and to prevent them from blowing off the deck I store stuff in them that we must have in the skiff in the first place such as lunches, water, fly boxes etc. instead of adding unnecessary weight. This has a two fold advantage, it minimizes weight and creates additional storage space. The foam that has the spikes is compression fitted so it can slide up and down and adjusted to whatever height you desire and stays where you place it. By placing it at a higher level, it creates a shallower space and minimizes friction for the fly line to shoot out of the bucket compared to having it coming out of the very bottom of the bucket. Some of the flats we fish are very skinny and weight is of paramount concern.
My partner in crime is obsessed with weight and all he carries with him apart from the absolute necessities is his fly rod, a box of flies and a spool of tippet material.
STRIPPING BASKET 003.JPG
STRIPPING BASKET 005.JPG
STRIPPING BASKET 004.JPG

·
I Love microskiff.com!
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry for the late response. It weighs 17lbs, but like Tailer said that's what makes it such an awesome bucket. You can put your rod in it and run to another spot and not have it tip over. It also has felt on the bottom.

I've only used it a couple times, but always get compliments on it.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lowering price to $350. Please text or call me if you're interested Thanks 954-703-9207

·
Fly Fishing Shaman
6,429 Posts
That's relatively heavy ! I make my own out of 1/16" HDP sheets and two pieces of high density foam. They are feather light and to prevent them from blowing off the deck I store stuff in them that we must have in the skiff in the first place such as lunches, water, fly boxes etc. instead of adding unnecessary weight. This has a two fold advantage, it minimizes weight and creates additional storage space. The foam that has the spikes is compression fitted so it can slide up and down and adjusted to whatever height you desire and stays where you place it. By placing it at a higher level, it creates a shallower space and minimizes friction for the fly line to shoot out of the bucket compared to having it coming out of the very bottom of the bucket. Some of the flats we fish are very skinny and weight is of paramount concern.
My partner in crime is obsessed with weight and all he carries with him apart from the absolute necessities is his fly rod, a box of flies and a spool of tippet material.
View attachment 69886 View attachment 69888 View attachment 69890
Please post that on the Fly Fishing Forum and not on somebody else's classified ad.

Thanks!

·
I Love microskiff.com!
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've had a couple people ask, the basket is 31 inches high and the cut out starts at about 19/20 inches.

Please let me know if anyone is interested. Thanks..

·
I Love microskiff.com!
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
New offshore boat is on it's way. New price $325 OBO. Let me know if you're interested, it looks brand new.. 954-703-9207

1 - 10 of 10 Posts