strattera?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ucfsae81, Feb 28, 2008.

1. ucfsae81

ucfsae81 Well-Known Member

I just started taking strattera so i can concentrate and not spend so much time on here, I was wondering if anyone has heard anything about it or is taking it or has their kids on it

2. phishphood

phishphood Beer is good, Beer is good, and stuff!

Modelo Negra for me. What were we takling about again?

3. costefishnt

costefishnt Cost Efish'nt³

i take beer for most issues, however whiskey helps the others.

as far as my kids go...where are my kids? oh, nevermind its bed time for them.

4. phishphood

Are we helping any? I didn't think so. After the huge amount of BS I have to deal with at work every day, I'm trying to de-focus at night. A couple beers and clowning on the forum does a body good.

Never heard of Strattera. Hope it works for you.

5. litlblusrn4bigred

litlblusrn4bigred Well-Known Member

Ya know I dont get the whole ADHD thing either. I have met many kids that are "out of control" but to put a kid on a drug to calm them down is the most ridiculous thing I ever heard of! Try yoga. Try figuring out what your "problem" is and solve it that way. There are so many sid effects with those drugs. If a doctor said my kid had ADHD....Id kickem!! You say you are taking this stuff now, why werent you taking it before? What is wrong with spending time on a forum? Just need to becareful what you post sometimes! Like Ive always been told....its the itardnet....dont take it so seriously!!!! Life is too short to be miserable, just drink some beer and do some whiskey shots like curtis does and you'll be fine. If you really feel you MUST take that "stuff" then just dont stop taking it cause it will mess you up. My cousin took ridilin( i know i didint spell that right, so what!!) he was so f'ed up he got in trouble all the time with the law. He doesnt take it anymore and is doing fine. He grew up and got a life and works hard and has a great life. I think maybe there is more to it than even I think, Im sure. But, I sure as hell wont take anything uless it says ZANEX I know I didnt spell that right either....must be the side effects!! lmao!!

6. litlblusrn4bigred

one other thing.....why would you take something before you do research on it?  I know I wouldnt, but thats just me!  good luck!

try this site...hope it helps you figure it out. http://www.strattera.com/index.jsp

suicidal thoughts
    liver damage

hell.....you can that from drinking!

7. captnron

captnron Guest

With advice like that I would stay out of the Post Office. What if they read this and skip their meds just for one day? ;D ;D ;D ;D

8. litlblusrn4bigred

good point CR!! :eek: we could have a major cotastrophy on our hands!! my advice would be to not to miss a day.....ppppplease! good thing i dont goto the post office that much ::)

9. Strike_III

Strike_III Well-Known Member

Have you been diagnosed with ADD or ADHD? If not I'm not sure drugs are the answer. I'd try other means to improve concentration first.

I have first hand experience with children diagnosed with moderate to severe ADD/ADHD - it's a struggle.

Beer helps me with this though.....

10. costefishnt

costefishnt Cost Efish'nt³

you know...back in the day when we were high strung, my daddy had the best remedy. he told me to go out and play. when the street lights came on, i ate dinner and had absolutely no energy left. went to bed and started over again. now if it was raining and we were high strung, he'd whoop our d@mn @$$es, and that would usually bring us back down to earth.

it is true, we as a society have forgotten how to diagnose and resolve issues. it is much easier to give a child pity and shove some drug down his throat and mask the problem. same for adults. hell all you gotta do these days is frown at the doctors office and you get depression medicine. dont get me wrong, depression is a real disease, but one outta 3 people these days are on some sort of medication.

it's all in the mind. learn to focus your energy, learn to be in charge of your mind and body.

if you truely need medication to help, then by all means do as the doctor prescribes. meanwhile, I am gonna go have a beer and install some seadek. (kids home with teh flu, he just got his butt whipped for bein sick.) ((j/k))

11. ucfsae81

ucfsae81 Well-Known Member

I really can't drink beer at work for some reason its not aloud :'( but i think the problem is that i went from a high paced job to a job thats requires you to sit in a cubicle and behind a computer all day long but b/c of that i've learned a lot about fishing though thatnks for the great advice i have now invested in several beer companys so please continue to drink heavy :D

12. phishphood

You too. That's the first thing I'm going to change when I'm in charge.

13. MATT

MATT Well-Known Member

WOW !

What ever that stuff is ucfsae81 mail some to ankledeep....

14. litlblusrn4bigred

do you think i am that bad?? :-/ Its not like Im sitting here pissed off.......just stating an opinion!! i figured someone would say something like that though. thanks! here we go again! time to sit back and :-X i guess :-/

15. Strike_III

Strike_III Well-Known Member

Your not bad, just uneducated on this topic.

16. Fuzzy_Bruce

Fuzzy_Bruce Well-Known Member

I only drink beer before I go to work, breaks and lunch time are for the rum!

17. deerfly

deerfly Opinicus iracibilus

used to be a time you could lick a little blotter acid or orange sunshine off a postage stamp, which really helps you concentrate, well maybe concentrating on standing up. Now that I pay all my bills online, life just isn't the same any more...