Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finalizing selecting options for new SeaArk 1660 Tiller set up, as of now, 1660 Tunnel, Aluminum Floor, Line-X, Electrical Package, Hinged Rear Lid, Flotation Pods, TM Bracket, Bob's 4" Jack plate, trying to keep it simple, going back and forth on is deciding on storage, looking at Bow Storage Box,( 14 1/2" L x 45 3/14" W x 5 1/2" H ), $400.00 option. Have hinged rear lid which would allow me some storage in stern area so not sure if storage in the bow is necessary.
Any opinions?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
409 Posts
Finalizing selecting options for new SeaArk 1660 Tiller set up, as of now, 1660 Tunnel, Aluminum Floor, Line-X, Electrical Package, Hinged Rear Lid, Flotation Pods, TM Bracket, Bob's 4" Jack plate, trying to keep it simple, going back and forth on is deciding on storage, looking at Bow Storage Box,( 14 1/2" L x 45 3/14" W x 5 1/2" H ), $400.00 option. Have hinged rear lid which would allow me some storage in stern area so not sure if storage in the bow is necessary.
Any opinions?
Personally, you can always use storage and if it's in the budget, go for it.
If financing, it won't add but a few bucks (I think) on the payment.
Nice boat, how are you going to deal with the hot metal in the Florida sun?
That was my problem when I went to look at them. I Leaned on the side of one and it was very hot/wife didn't like that part of it eithre, but I love the boat.
Everyone that has a SArk, loves them.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Personally, you can always use storage and if it's in the budget, go for it.
If financing, it won't add but a few bucks (I think) on the payment.
Nice boat, how are you going to deal with the hot metal in the Florida sun?
That was my problem when I went to look at them. I Leaned on the side of one and it was very hot/wife didn't like that part of it eithre, but I love the boat.
Everyone that has a SArk, loves them.
Was concerned with hot floor, went with light grey and line X, had the opportunity to compare two boats same color, one with line x and other w/o. One with line x still got warm , but not as hot compared to one w/o line x.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
116 Posts
My son and I went partners years a go on the same tunnel hull with a Yamaha F40 and CMC jack plate. It had a 30 2 stroke on it when we got it. Floated in 5". With the F40 and jack plate it drafts a bunch more but still runs shallow. We put a large Rubber Maid box in the bow with a 12 gallon fuel tank in it and for storage. That way we have room for rods between the box and the hull when in the racks. With the factory storage box you may have to add rod tubes, which would make a nice addition. We had carpet on the front and rear decks but changed it out for Sea Dek. Heat is not a problem. We have a bare floor, no deck. Large poling platform on the rear, bow platform with a back bar ( very sensitive boat to shifts in weight by passengers ) , and a wide grab bar for a cooler seat and back rest. I also made a small aluminum console on the grab bar for a Tach, water pressure, and volt gauge. Put all the weight you can in the bow to keep the draft shallow..

·
Premium Member
409 Posts
We put a large Rubber Maid box in the bow with a 12 gallon fuel tank in it and for storage.
We had carpet on the front and rear decks but changed it out for Sea Dek. Heat is not a problem.
Put all the weight you can in the bow to keep the draft shallow..
Do you have any pics?
Good info.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
3,657 Posts
HA!

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
An igloo cooler up against the front platform is a cheap multi purpose storage box/seat that can be taken in and out.

·
Premium Member
409 Posts
An igloo cooler up against the front platform is a cheap multi purpose storage box/seat that can be taken in and out.
Yep, and leave the plug out, will keep ice all day.

·
Premium Member
409 Posts
Front and rear finished hatch
Very nice.
Where did you get your hatches and is there a box attached to the hatch or?
How do toy like the 1860 w/a 60hp?
Got any more pics of the boat.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Very nice.
Where did you get your hatches and is there a box attached to the hatch or?
How do toy like the 1860 w/a 60hp?
Got any more pics of the boat.
hatches came from R&R design in Texas. There is no box, I want the max amount of storage. I have my 24v trolling motor battery setup in the bow plus life jackets and other stuff, rear has the power pole pump and a few other items, tons of storage left in the rear bench.

·
Premium Member
409 Posts
I like that cooler setup.
Very nice.
How does she handle the chop (1'-2')?
I like the 1860.
What is your top speed w/the 60?
Thanks again,

·
Registered
280 Posts
I like that cooler setup.
Very nice.
How does she handle the chop (1'-2')?
I like the 1860.
What is your top speed w/the 60?
Thanks again,
The chop question is kind of irrelevant- it’s not an offshore boat. It gets rough / you go slower.
Boat tops out at 38mph.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts