1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Zephyr Cove is on FIRE!
15,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
275 Posts
That La Marque office is the closest TPWD office to me. I’ve been there several times titling boats.

I was in line behind a douche who didn’t have his paperwork signed correctly, and he launched into complaining about the super patient lady who was helping him.

When he finally quit bitching and left, I handed the lady a business card and told her to call me if that guy made some sort of complaint.

The folks in that office are nice and their diligence in making sure the i’s are dotted and the t’s crossed help catch crooks.

Is there any hope there’s a sentence enhancement because jet skis are involved?

·
I Love Skinny Water
7,176 Posts
You can't fix stupid. Stealing jet skis is stupid enough then bringing them to FL and selling them cheap. I'm glad they caught them.

·
Registered
1648 Aluminum Custom Joe Boat, 35 Evinrude
189 Posts
Assholes. I don’t care about them stealing jest skis, I just don’t want them bringing them to Florida. We have enough jet ski ass clowns here already.
on a serious note a thief is a thief and I hope they spend a long time in jail.
Personally, I hope the bring all the stolen and legitimate PWCs to Florida. I think the Miami area should be the dumping ground. :ROFLMAO:

·
Brandon, FL
12,314 Posts
Let's see - who do we know that lives in Texas and comes to Florida quite frequently on the low?

Kind of like an arsonist who set a building on fire and then stands in the crowd watching it burn

Just sayin'...

Know anybody like that Smack???? :) :) :)

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
Here's a dose of reality... boat theft (even the lowly jetski) is widespread and rarely investigated or any great penalties attached when someone is caught... Most jurisdictions don't even have a "boat theft investigator"... At least that was how it was back before I retired out of police work in the mid-nineties down here in paradise. Hooray when someone finally goes down but if you'll check with marine insurance outfits - they keep raising their rates as well as their requirements (mostly on bigger boats, not small skiffs particularly...) before they will even consider taking your money and writing a policy.

As for my area, south Florida... if you ever check out our local boat ramps on nice sunny afternoons you'll see not only a variety of jet skis but some really interesting young men riding them (understatement). My best guess is that no one would even consider bringing stolen jets down here - our local thieves and young gangsters have the market well covered...

One additional point.. along with young wannabe hoods on the water if you're ever near Homestead or Florida City on a Sunday afternoon - check out all the fine young men deliberately breaking every traffic rule on the books on small "home-made" scooters, mini-bikes, and four wheelers. All while the local cops are very carefully - somewhere else... One particular drive-by killing down there this past year noted that the shooter... another fine young man, no doubt, was last seen leaving the area on a four wheeler...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts