SOLD/EXPIRED STOLEN PATHFINDER 15T - please read

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by bradleyboy, May 21, 2012.

1. bradleyboy

bradleyboy Well-Known Member

My pathfinder 15t was stolen in broad daylight out of my driveway while i was at work...it has a 25 hp yamaha 2 stroke,poling platform, magic tilt trailer. birdsall marine transom mount trolling motor bracket on STBD side, pop-up stainless cleats port and stbd side on bow. had 6x9 speakers in it. Clean looking skiff.The yammy's cowling had been repaired with marine tex on the front stbd side, i matched it with the wrong color yahama paint so there is a silver patch there.Just letting everyone know so if our scouting around craigslist while your at work, help me piece my skiff back together! thanks for reading- Brad P.

2. k.cheshire

k.cheshire I Love microskiff.com!

That totally sucks man. Hope they find it and the piece of crap thieves and cut thier hands off.

3. FtIslandTrailMan

FtIslandTrailMan Bug Slinger !

That sucks !!
    You need to put a picture up for us so we can keep an eye out for you, I'd love to spit some beechnut in that dudes eye and shootem with my old 45, cause a thief is a thief that needs to be punished !

4. bradleyboy

will post pics when i am done running my charter today. thanks for looking out. i dont see how this boat can go under the radar if we are all looking for it.

5. dingdangdoo

dingdangdoo I LOVE FISHING

Yup boat thiefs or any thiefs suck. My trailer ball has a lock on it when the boat is in the driveway. I then have a 1/2" cable lock on the trailer wheels also. They got to work for it if they want it.

Sorry about your boat!

6. jms

jms don't let common sense get in your way

i keep reading stuff like this more and more...really sad

this is one i read a while ago: http://www.thehulltruth.com/boating-forum/417650-my-contender-stripped-clean-last-night-beware.html

these guys stole a truck and drove the truck and the boat through the fence !

sorry to hear about you boat - hopefully,the person(s) responsible for it will be caught,and your boat will be returned,in the same condition,it was...

craigs list and ebay are the best places to search.a few years ago,a local marina was hit - lots of boast lost alot of expensive electronics - equipment requiring time to remove - radar antennas,displays,etc...one owner,he didn't take this well ! he kept searching,and found a listing on ebay - same seller was selling other equipment - all with the same story - "sold boat,kept electronics,cables damaged during removal" - a picture of the equipment,there was a trailer in the background - tag on the trailer was traced back to the owner,when investigated,a stroage unit full of stolen equipment was discovered ! alot of stuff was returned...

i know i would search everywhere,if it was my stuff !

7. dingdangdoo

dingdangdoo I LOVE FISHING

Well you got to remember in fl especially dade and palm beach counties. They steal these big motors, radar and electronics not for resale but to set up a go fast boat to smuggle people and drugs from the carribbean to fl. Use the stolen boat parts for their purpose and then just dump it.

Anyways you always want to make it harder for them to steal your stuff, but if they are pro's they are gonna get your stuff no matter what. I'll be on the look out they are probably closer to you then you think.

8. Snookdaddy

Snookdaddy Well-Known Member

That just sucks! I hate theives...

My 2001 Mitzi Skiff 15' with a 2002 40hp Mercury was stolen in 2009.. My skiff was also stolen out of my driveway in broad day light. My Mitzi 15 had black bottom paint and should have been easily reconized. My boat was stolen in Lakeland, FL

Unfortunatly, mine was never recovered..

I would post up the FL numbers, Hull ID number, Outboard serial number and Trailer serial number on every web fishing forum you can find and Craigslist..

Not to derail, but if anyone ever comes across a Mitzi 15' that appears to have had black bottom paint at one time and and a trolling motor puck on the bow (Bluepoint / Birdsall 6" round puck), call me at 863-581-0072... I still have a $500 reward for info leading to the recovery of my Mitzi.

I hope you find your boat!

9. AfterHours2

AfterHours2 Stripper in my own Mind!

Seems to be a normal thing going on in the Brevard area these days. After a day of fishing, my brother in law was pulled over on Garden St in titusville by the local law enforcement. They also had a gentleman with them and claimed that the boston whaler he has had for over 10 years was his and it had been stolen 2 weeks ago. Bad thing was the boat is an early 70's and the HIN plate had rusted and was not on the boat. It was a real PITA explaining this to the law and a detective is now coming to visit his residence. Apparently there has been a high increase in boat thefts and they are taking every situation seriously. Hopefully they are as diligent in your case and the boat is found... Best of luck...

10. Izzy11

Izzy11 Backwater boy for life

I wouldn't think twice about checking Alabama, Georgia, and mississippi's craigslist ! These guys are un freaking real :mad:

11. bradleyboy

We found the boat about 10 minutes from my house this morning, dumped in a neighborhood. they stripped my outboard and stereo out of it, tackle bag etc. still searching for the outboard. i know, good luck.

12. AfterHours2

AfterHours2 Stripper in my own Mind!

Let's just hope you had some type of insurance on the boat. Glad to see you got your hull back and hopefully everything works out for the best. Hope they catch the person responsible.

13. alain_vallejo

alain_vallejo Screw work!!! I'm going fishing!!!

I just don't understand why some people take things that don't belong to them. The sad part is that even if they catch the people responsible for it the justice system's punishment for stealing is so minute. Maybe if we start cutting fingers, hands, arms and no medicare for it people would learn. Just my 2 cents.
    Glad to hear you got your hull back.

14. oysterbreath

oysterbreath Well-Known Member

I like the Singapore treatment...50 lashes with a cane. We Americans can one-up that though. Turn it into a nationally televised TV show. We should use 55 lashes though. 50 from a professional "lashaleir" and 5 from the owner. ;-) Anyway, glad to hear you found your boat. CaptainB! Question, did you have any locks or deterrents on your boat?

15. FtIslandTrailMan

FtIslandTrailMan Bug Slinger !

Congrats on finding the boat, atleast you dont have to start from scratch...

16. bradleyboy

The trailer tongue was locked, that was it. and i am happy that i got the boat back...in good shape. no insurance, will have it when i repower though. let me know if anybody can get a good deal on a 40 yamaha.im still somewhat optimistic that we will locate it...

17. L.I_back_bays

L.I_back_bays I Love microskiff.com!

Nice to here you got it back my 16 carolina got stolen last summer luckily the thieves only took for a joy ride and i found it abandoned and smashing against a dock about a half mile away the next day causing a decent amount of damage to the motor and rub rails. At least i got it back though..... also repowered with a 40 after good luck on getting yours back together.