Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
I Love microskiff.com!
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Last night my storage unit (formerly oyster creek outfitters) was robbed. Over $100k of fly fishing goods were stolen.

The inventory included hardy rods and reels, Scott rods, nautilus reels, Patagonia bags and clothing, etc.

I am asking that you be on the lookout for any suspicious fly goods being sold extremely cheap from the NE Florida region.

Thank you all for being a tight community that looks out for each other!

My dream of opening a new fly shop was taken away today.

Admin please move if not appropriate.

Scott serial number: (please check against purchases)

Thanks,

James

·
I Love microskiff.com!
60 Posts
Thats crazy! I’m in Charleston so I will keep ears open here.

G

·
Eyes and ears open in w central Fl! Sorry to hear this as I hate a damn theif! Legs or arms if I find the bastard over here? You pick but somethin’s gettin broken! Hope you can recover at least some of your losses, James!

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
The scumbags probably don't even know what they got.
Or they know exactly what they have. Mine got hit a few years ago for a bunch of commercial refrigeration equipment. Turned out to be a friend of an employee from the bankrupt restaurant where the equipment was purchased.

Not suggesting that's what happened here but I'd be suspicious unless the whole row of units were burglarized.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Holy sh*t that's terrible. Most likely someone with the knowledge of what you had, and the resources to haul it away in one move. Hope there's some CCTV footage somewhere!

1 - 20 of 93 Posts