still after this one

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by deerfly, Jan 8, 2009.

1. deerfly

deerfly Opinicus iracibilus

Had him under my stand for a few seconds, but can't shoot my longbow straight down, so I grabbed the point-n-shoot. He was chasing does and took off. Took one shot at him when paused about 30 yards out, but he ducked the arrow and took off. He's a 9pt, 5 of the left and 4 on the right.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Saw him about a week later and he mounted a doe about 15 yards off to my left, but couldn't get a shot before he took off. Very cool to watch though, never saw that in person in 40 some years of hunting. Got until 1/18 to get an arrow in him.  :cool:

2. tom_in_orl

tom_in_orl Founder of Microskiff, Member of the Gheenoe Army

That will get your heart going. Looks like you picked a great spot for you stand. You are getting some good opportunities.

3. phishphood

phishphood Beer is good, Beer is good, and stuff!

Nice loimoking buck there DF. I hope you get a shot at him. I'm chomping at the bit. My hunt starts in 17 days in Alabama.

4. aaronshore

aaronshore Well-Known Member

Eris. Where are you hunting? (No GPS co-ordinates or anything, just the general area) ;D

Oh. You kill anything this year? I could use a strip of some natural body hair. Maybe some white belly hair as well. Watcha got?

5. deerfly

deerfly Opinicus iracibilus

I have a doe skin in the freezer (next to the otter :)) When I tan it I'll try to remember to cut you a few strips. Probably be a month or more though before I get into that. Too many other little projects in the queue...

6. aaronshore

Sweet. Thanx.

So where you huntin? :-X

7. phishphood

phishphood Beer is good, Beer is good, and stuff!

Hey aaron, does it need to be tanned or would frozen work? If the past couple years are any indicator, I should have some hydes in a couple weeks.

8. aaronshore

I would take frozen. Tan myself. Always wanted to learn how anyways. Let me know. I'll even make the drive over to ya and pick up.