Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about putting a stick steer on my 146 Avalon. I see E Z Glide has two ratio options. They both swing the motor the say distance but do it at different speeds. The company said it would be personal preference but i am not familiar enough to have a preference. The boat is. 146 Avalon with a new F25 Yamaha. Any advice would be helpful. Lastly the boat mainly runs on Blackwater River in Milton Florida and makes its way down to he salt marsh as well. It is a catfish to redfish type of skiff.

·
Brandon, FL
11,824 Posts
If I have to make tight, quick turns while running I want the quicker ratio. If I basically run in wide/wider places I would want the more relaxed option.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I had one on my first skiff. Only salt water use. I had to replace the steering cable once a year. Swore I would never get one again.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If I have to make tight, quick turns while running I want the quicker ratio. If I basically run in wide/wider places I would want the more relaxed option.
Thanks for the info. I am guessing the quicker ratio would be more suitable with that information
I had one on my first skiff. Only salt water use. I had to replace the steering cable once a year. Swore I would never get one again.
that is some very helpful information. People did say that they produce that steering cable for that system only. It’s not a no feedback telephone stable which means I may have issues in time.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info. I am guessing the quicker ratio would be more suitable with that information

that is some very helpful information. People did say that they produce that steering cable for that system only. It’s not a no feedback telephone stable which means I may have issues in time.
And that was to be teleflex cable LOL

1 - 5 of 5 Posts