Stern Trolling Motor Mount

Discussion in 'Boat Yard Basics' started by DeepSouthFly, Jun 16, 2017.

1. DeepSouthFly

DeepSouthFly Well-Known Member

Looking at installing a quick release bracket for my I pilot on the back left side of my Marquesa. Anyone done this? Reason is to keep it out of the way when I have someone fly fishing on the bow and when I'm on the beach for tarpon and don't need it at the moment but I want to bring it just in case I need it. It doesn't have to work back there just somewhere to keep it out of the way and on the boat at the same time.

2. firecat1981

firecat1981 BBA Counselor

Should be easy enough, you just need a spare puck.

3. FSUDrew99

FSUDrew99 Well-Known Member

Just keep it up on the bow and throw a wet towel over it and forget about it.

Stern Mounted TM are a PIA and its not needed. You will never get your fly line caught in it on the bow with the towel.

4. blackmagic1

blackmagic1 I Love microskiff.com!

I have had the intentions of mounting another puck in the back just as a holding spot like you're describing a hundred times......but have always kept throwing a wet towel over it.

5. State fish rob

State fish rob Active Member

Years ago saw a boat with twin trolling motors mounted to the polling platform legs. Looked like they would stay out of the way. Good luck ! post a picture of what you figured out please

6. DeepSouthFly

DeepSouthFly Well-Known Member

I'm just not a fan of the wet towel. During the summer I like having everything on the boat, batteries, TM, full tank.... I like the idea of having it on the boat but out of the way for when I'm anchored for tarpon off the beach but then on the way in if I wanna stop under a bridge or drift some flats I can just throw it on the bow. Gonna be ordering one this weekend so I'll be putting it on next week.