Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

21 - 40 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
What if I needed a wheel wrapped and the steps on my poling platform? Do you travel? Would you have a place to store my boat if I brought it to you? (I.e.; out of the elements) Can you do steps?
Contact me offline and let's see if we can work something out. Logistics would make it difficult and wheels are much more portable of course, but it is certainly something I can do. We'll just need to chat to see if it make sense.

Email or text for more info. Located in Palm Harbor, FL
[email protected]
407-618-3428

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #23 (Edited)
$125 for up to three color wrap with in your choice of colors. I normally charge $150 for a 3 spoke 13" wheel...this pricing is only for Microskiff.com members.

You ship or bring me your wheel, a pre-paid return shipping label and $125. I can take Apple Pay Cash, Zelle, check, or Paypal.

Turn around time is about a week depending on when in the week I get it and if I'm already working on one...If I get it on a Thursday afternoon and have nothing in the queue I can probably get it out on Monday. This is not my livelihood...I do have a full time job...but I enjoy doing this and enough people have asked me to do it for them I finally decided to take money for it.

I know some of you are thinking it, because I did as well which is how I got to this point. "I can do this myself...it can't be that hard." It isn't complicated. It is hard. It takes a lot of practice...and patience...and blisters...and cramps in the muscles of your hand that don't get used much. Other than that anyone can do it. But if you are doing your own wheel for the first and only time you will do this, it won't turn out anything like what I have pictured in this thread. That said I'm happy to give pointers if you want to try it.

Email or text or call for more info. Located in Palm Harbor, FL
[email protected]
407-618-3428

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,084 Posts
I have wrapped wheels myself,can't anymore because of wreck related nerve problems. It is NOT something the average person wants to (no pun intended) get themselves wrapped up into ! It takes quite a while before one gets the hang of it, hours & hours of work,frustration, getting it just about right & then #[email protected]* it all. Your hands WILL be sore !!! $125 is a bargain for such nice work. You do some fine work tjt, KUDOS to you !!!

·
Ankona Sales Rep
2,854 Posts
Looks amazing Todd!

·
I Love microskiff.com!
151 Posts
Could anyone who has shipped their wheel give me a rough idea of what that cost? I would be looking at around 400 miles. (Charleston). Thx

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #37 (Edited)
Could anyone who has shipped their wheel give me a rough idea of what that cost? I would be looking at around 400 miles. (Charleston). Thx
Its 4-5 lbs to 34683
Should be between $10 and $20. If you use one of the pack and ship or UPS stores keep in mind they are franchise shops and it will be more.
if you want to send me your address I can plug it into my UPS account and give you the actual UPS cost and if you like I’ll even email you round trip shipping labels

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Just in case anyone else was interested in the information, one way shipping UPS ground from Palm Harbor to Charleston is $16.99

·
Registered
850 Posts
Beside the very pleasing aesthetics, does the wrapping feel better to your hand? Never felt one, but seems that it would.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Beside the very pleasing aesthetics, does the wrapping feel better to your hand? Never felt one, but seems that it would.
It's pretty subjective, but yes I think so. I think it is primarily aesthetics, but cord certainly feels more pleasant than aluminum or SS to the touch.

21 - 40 of 71 Posts