Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
WOW, you are a talented man, just wanted to know how much is the projected weight going to be?? Looks great I'll be watching and best of luck!!!

·
Registered
601 Posts
So Chris' blog says it should draft 6" @1400lbs. So 615# hull call it 257# if you use an f70, 45lb battery, 100 pounds rigging and misc (steering, platform etc) and 100lb for a good load of fuel you're at 1,117. I know Npetit, he's not a fattie like me, so he should be in good shape. If Chris' estimate is correct, real deal fishing with 2 guys and gear, he'll probably be sub 7"

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Interesting build. Been told I can’t weld on my welded aluminum trailer and here we are with a welded boat. BS. Keep the pics coming!

My Blue Rock trailer under my old Beavertail was aluminum and all welded. Drug that thing around for thousands and thousands of miles. Heck, a single trip down I - 10 through LA back in the day, should have ripped it apart. Nary a problem ever. Truth is that with most of these lightweight skiffs we're not asking a well built trailer to do a whole lot.

·
Registered
601 Posts
My apologies for our Louisiana Roads they rival those of the worst 3rd world countries. On my last trip to Hopedale making that little route through N. Claiborne and Franklin Ave. felt like it was ripping my trailer and boat apart, HWY 90 will do the same. Next trip I'm taking the longer route up Paris Rd to 610 to 10, screw pulling a boat over the city streets of NOLA

1 - 20 of 65 Posts