Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

301 - 320 of 356 Posts

·
I Love microskiff.com!
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #301
Hey everyone, I’am back like the virus.
Well as usual skiffs and life take time but I am posting here to show you all how she came out. Just finished the last coat of paint.
I hand rolled and tipped the skiff using AWLGRIP paint. I used foam rollers 4”x 1” and 2” wide foam brushes.
Nonskid is rolled on by hand too.
I will rig the skiff over the next few days and will then post pictures and videos of what she looks like in her element.
At present I have weighed every single piece of hardware that will go aboard. We will weigh her when final rigged. At present as you see here finished here Eric and I can lift her off the floor and move her around. She is 19’ long on deck. 18’9” on the hulls length. 6’6” deck beam.

Attachments

·
I Love microskiff.com!
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #302
Here she is getting painted up right. It was so cold I did not finish fairing her in the winter because I was using epoxy resin for the outside skin. Then the Covid comes along and I don’t want to be around people so I just rolled her over by myself.
Just took a couple hours to build the cradle.
0580825D-3EFD-41C8-962F-FC8791DEAC5F.jpeg
FB1888DD-D99B-4C31-B693-83D551A93F7D.jpeg
53C36E44-EFF7-4DF4-91A7-4772CC328805.jpeg
83FBA68B-C798-40FC-BEC3-9182FAB23825.jpeg
F16D769C-CDB9-47D1-83C4-DB009B73D25A.jpeg
0E3AF262-992C-4DEE-A6AE-D085DC637525.jpeg
58EE49EE-1339-40DA-A9CE-21B20645DE97.jpeg
A29F05F6-948B-49EC-AC89-FDE36ACDBB8E.jpeg

Attachments

·
Lowcountry Degen
1,687 Posts
Just gorgeous. Love that the deck is going to look almost exactly like that, even after rigging. Can't wait to see some pictures of her on the water. We'll have to petition the new owner to join microskiff!

·
Brandon, FL
10,454 Posts
The little berm around the splash well is one of those items that says "attention to details".

Most excellent work Chris.

Hope you find what you are looking for in BC and I hope you come back and not be a complete stranger.

Cheers Mr. Morejohn!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Can't wait to see this in the water. Thinking about starting this build in the 17.5 or 16 version this fall! Was sold on the conchfish, but the beryllium is gorgeous!!

·
Registered
979 Posts
@Chris Morejohn would you be interested in building and selling these down the road? If so what would your ideal price range be fully rigged w/ motor etc....?

·
I Love microskiff.com!
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #313
@Chris Morejohn would you be interested in building and selling these down the road? If so what would your ideal price range be fully rigged w/ motor etc....?
Hey thanks for the compliments James, Duck nut and others.
What I enjoy is guys like Duck Nut going over all the pictures and looking at details. The slight berm Duck mentions as a detail around my splash well is actually just lots of glass built up for super strength. Once the tower is installed you will never see this “detail”.
But thanks for thinking it was one.

As buying a similar skiff,

To buy a production version of this hull lookup Brian Floyd’s 10 Weight skiff at $44,500.00. Best deal around for an all infusion build built and rigged by brian.
Or
Hayaari marines dealer in Ft. Lauderdale as they will be importing their version of my Beryllium design sometime this summer. It will be very competitively priced I believe.

I have nothing to do with these companies other than being the hulls designer and consultant at times.

I myself just received my first Social Security payment so I’am now officially and old fart senior citizen.
Once this skiff is floating in a few days I will be moving to BC and into my other life of just creating my art.
Here’s a few pictures of what I will continue doing in a couple months and from then on out....
No more skiff builds by me, only new designs.

my art not Instagram site.

D02234CF-89D1-4467-AD7D-DFB7170182AC.png
BEB5C71E-043D-4880-BE2B-921DFCEFF547.jpeg
7DDCDD9F-1CCE-4E6F-B66C-5A140F9E8D6E.jpeg
1EE77F0B-43A7-4677-8994-73491A3327D2.jpeg

Back to rigging now lunch is over

·
Brandon, FL
10,454 Posts
Hey thanks for the compliments James, Duck nut and others.
What I enjoy is guys like Duck Nut going over all the pictures and looking at details. The slight berm Duck mentions as a detail around my splash well is actually just lots of glass built up for super strength. Once the tower is installed you will never see this “detail”.
But thanks for thinking it was one.

As buying a similar skiff,

To buy a production version of this hull lookup Brian Floyd’s 10 Weight skiff at $44,500.00. Best deal around for an all infusion build built and rigged by brian.
Or
Hayaari marines dealer in Ft. Lauderdale as they will be importing their version of my Beryllium design sometime this summer. It will be very competitively priced I believe.

I have nothing to do with these companies other than being the hulls designer and consultant at times.

I myself just received my first Social Security payment so I’am now officially and old fart senior citizen.
Once this skiff is floating in a few days I will be moving to BC and into my other life of just creating my art.
Here’s a few pictures of what I will continue doing in a couple months and from then on out....
No more skiff builds by me, only new designs.

my art not Instagram site.

View attachment 136736 View attachment 136738 View attachment 136740 View attachment 136742

Back to rigging now lunch is over
Before you head out for good can you give us where all of your designs can be found and the plans purchased. I have looked for them on your blog and see the description and the purchase plans but I do not find all of your plans in one condensed place - unless I am just missing it.

Safe travels.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I’ve always loved BC. Good luck in your new life. If you ever come back to Islamorada I’ll save yo a seat at the bar at the Florida Keys Brewing Co!

·
I Love microskiff.com!
3,609 Posts

·
Forgotten Coaster
2,568 Posts
Some beautiful wooden mounts/art, Chris. I especially like the sea turtles. The skiff ain't too shabby, either. ;)

Best wishes for the move and enjoy the semi-retirement. Working on a similar plan myself.

301 - 320 of 356 Posts