Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am excited to announce that I have today started my build with Beavertail. Decided on the Strike and cannot say enough of the customer service provided today by Liz and company. Have a finish date in December, an amazing turn around. Had to cancel my Heron 16 order without complaint. Ankona Saltmarsh has great service but the 12 month wait list was tough.
Haze Grey
Chevy White deck
Center Console w/ jump seat
PowerPole
Minn Kota Trolling Motor
90 Suzuki w/ SS prop
Jack plate
Trim Tabs
Black Powder Coat
Simrad Go9
Ft Casting Platform
Hand rails
Rod Holders
Ramblin Trailer
The list runs on!

·
Panhandler
2,716 Posts
Congrats on the start of your build. Have the same color scheme on my Mosquito except it's FORD White. ;) Liz always gets a chuckle out of that.

Won't be long now.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Congrats on the start of your build. Have the same color scheme on my Mosquito except it's FORD White. ;) Liz always gets a chuckle out of that.

Won't be long now.
LOL. Liz was laughing about that when I mentioned Chevy White.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,100 Posts
Congrats on going with a fantastic skiff & the BEST people (imho) in the business! They were & remain 110% committed to their product & family (customers) every step of the way. I have a Mosquito & it's a blast to fish the skinny water !

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Congrats on going with a fantastic skiff & the BEST people (imho) in the business! They were & remain 110% committed to their product & family (customers) every step of the way. I have a Mosquito & it's a blast to fish the skinny water !
Thanks. I agree with everything you said. Liz spent HOURS today discussing every option, taking us to the work area and back to the office to show us what she meant with different models, and gave her opinion and answered every question. And you cannot argue the product.

·
Panhandler
2,716 Posts
Post up some pix of the build process. It'll keep you occupied since you seem to have most of your accessories nailed down. ;)

·
I Love microskiff.com!
2020 BT MOSQUITO
83 Posts
What are you expecting real life poling draft to be? Any chance youve discussed that in any detail with the Beavertail owners? Been wondering what the margin is between the Mosquito and the Strike. Good luck along the way bud.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Huge congrats!! Happy Mosquito owner, and like everyone else, nothing but amazing things to say about Will and Liz and the whole experience. She spent probably 3 hours with us on order day, going over every single detail you could possibly think of on the boat, even things like putting the key switch on the upper part of the console so I wouldn’t bump it while running standing up. The real fun comes on delivery day, when Will goes over every single option and walks you through every inch of your new skiff before you leave. Wishing you the best, you’re gonna love that boat!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What are you expecting real life poling draft to be? Any chance youve discussed that in any detail with the Beavertail owners? Been wondering what the margin is between the Mosquito and the Strike. Good luck along the way bud.
Brochures say 6+. Factory says 7.5 inches is expected. Will be on one in a couple of weeks and is a topic I'd like to know. 8 or less I'd expect. Went max power at 90 instead of the standard 60.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Huge congrats!! Happy Mosquito owner, and like everyone else, nothing but amazing things to say about Will and Liz and the whole experience. She spent probably 3 hours with us on order day, going over every single detail you could possibly think of on the boat, even things like putting the key switch on the upper part of the console so I wouldn’t bump it while running standing up. The real fun comes on delivery day, when Will goes over every single option and walks you through every inch of your new skiff before you leave. Wishing you the best, you’re gonna love that boat!
Thanks for the experience explanation. After the first visit my expectations are high and I know from everyone I've talked to I will not be disappointed in any part of the BT experience. I am excited about the delivery day. Liz is even setting up a ride on another Strike for me equipped similar so I can feel it before the build. Thanks Again.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have floated in what I believe would have been about 6” in my Strike. In all fairness I did not measure it, but it was eerily shallow and not more than 7”. If I would have gotten out, the water would not have made it over my flats wading boots. This was with 450 lbs of people, 3/4 tank of fuel, full cooler, and light gear. I will say that my Strike is probably lighter than most with a 60 hp and a side console, and my best guess would put it around 800 lbs.

SkinnyMatters, you will not be disappointed with the Strike in any way and I feel that is one of their better builds that was pushed to the side when the Mosquito came along. Now, I have not ridden on a Mosquito, only because I have no intentions of giving up my Strike, but could be persuaded on a Lightening, if they could get it to fit in my garage . I have fished my Strike in Tampa Bay, Sarasota, Charlotte Harbor, and the Keys and have never needed to go any shallower. If you have any specific questions please feel free to DM me and I will help where I can.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Any progress on your build?
Its getting started. Due date of Dec 13. Finishing my options and took a test ride on another last Thursday. Cloudy, windy day. Perfect for a test ride. This one had a 70 Yami. Draft was about 7. Not measured but was told 7-8 depending on how it is loaded. The ride was great. Dry in head on, tailing and quarter waves. The Strike has the same freeboard as the vengence. Turns tight and is NOT tippy. I'm 210 and walked the gunwales with no problem. Very impressed. The ride sealed the deal. I'll use it mostly on Tampa Bay and can see no reason she can't handle it. Will post pictures as they build.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts