Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
I Love microskiff.com!
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw this on Facebook. For $100 off type in Turkey19. I just got there e-card for all of LA. For $208 with shipping.

Joe

·
BBA Counselor
7,288 Posts
What maps are you talking about? Maps from what company, for which units? Is standard the name of a map company out in LA?

·
I Love microskiff.com!
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What maps are you talking about? Maps from what company, for which units? Is standard the name of a map company out in LA?
He makes maps on micro SD cards for several GPS units. To to website: standardmaps.com
The card I ordered is for all of Louisiana coast.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
standardmap.com

·
Registered
335 Posts
Maybe I’m just missing it but I can’t find a single image on their site that actually demonstrates or shows the quality and resolution of their maps.

·
BBA Counselor
7,288 Posts
Maybe I’m just missing it but I can’t find a single image on their site that actually demonstrates or shows the quality and resolution of their maps.
Me either, not super confidence inspiring.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I first saw his maps on a guides boat. The guide was one of Greg Dini’s group fishing Venice. I was impressed and purchased 2 cards one for Calcasieu and one for Forchon. The ecard I got is for all of LA coast. He has some Texas cards also.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

I googled videos of standard map and this came up. there are others. He used to have videos on his website but alas they are gone.

·
Wish'n I was Fish'n!
2,652 Posts
Map Electronics Technology Screen Electronic device
I googled videos of standard map and this came up. there are others. He used to have videos on his website but alas they are gone.
The standard mapping chip is more convenient than using their printed maps that sell for around $20 in the local marinas and bait shops. BUT it is the SAME image, and doesn't get better when you zoom in.

The Louisiana Marine Tracks chip cost more, and has much better detail plus tracks. Although the coastal erosion issue becomes quite evident when you find you’re fishing on what used to be land.

·
Registered
262 Posts
View attachment 103956

The standard mapping chip is more convenient than using their printed maps that sell for around $20 in the local marinas and bait shops. BUT it is the SAME image, and doesn't get better when you zoom in.

The Louisiana Marine Tracks chip cost more, and has much better detail plus tracks. Although the coastal erosion issue becomes quite evident when you find you’re fishing on what used to be land.
I’ve used both the LMT and the Standard Maps Louisiana One chip. The LMT is definitely much better but it’s twice the cost. I’m selling my Louisiana One chip elsewhere on this site for $200.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts